Reconsider

Your POV:

My time with the national team eventually ended. Now the focus switched to finalizing the World Cup roster. Me and Kelley were on the same plane.

Sitting right next to each other.

"Can I tell you something." She said.

"If you must." I sighed.

She laughed. "1st I deserve the cold shoulder. I'm an asshole I know." I looked at her. "But honestly. I hope you make the roster. And I also hope I'm on it." She said. "I like being on the same team as you. You make me a better player."

"That's the nicest thing I've ever heard you say O'Hara." She laughed again. "You should laugh more. Makes you more approachable."

She looked away. "Are you hitting on me?"

"No. Just telling you how to make friends if you ever decided you wanted them."

She looked disappointed?

"Being honest again. I was kind of hoping you were hitting on me, cause then I'd have an excuse to ask you out." 

I shook my head. "Let me sleep for the rest of this flight and I might consider changing my answer."

"It's a deal." She said.

Christen's POV:

"Thought's on the rookies." Abby asked. We were currently having a team video chat.

"I like them." Hope said. "Kelley's a little cocky but she has a bit of a reason to be."

"And Y/N. She's got the heart of a champion." Abby said. 

"I agree with that." Alex said.

"Of course you do. You'd agree with anything Abby says."

"Shut up Syd." Megan pushed her off the bed. 

"I like Morgan." Lauren said. "She seemed a little scared at first but she's on track to become one of the greatest midfielders."

"Dunn's a badass." Meghan said.

"So we like the rookies?" Christie asked.

"We love them!" Julie laughed. "I mean maybe I'm biased when it comes to Morgan and Crystal, but Kelley and Y/N stepped up and proved themselves."

"Now we wait for this roster." Shannon said.

"Good night guys." 

Your POV:

I opened my eyes when I felt someone shaking me. "We landed." It was Kelley.

I feel asleep on her shoulder. I moved. "Sorry."

"Don't worry about it." She said. "So um." She cleared her throat. "We should probably get off." She said.

"Yeah." I said. "We should." We got our stuff and got off the plane.

We waited at baggage claim and get out luggage and made our way out of the airport, stopping for a few fans on the way.

"That deal." She said while we waited for rides. "You'd change your answer?"

I nodded. "Ok O'Hara. A deal is a deal. And being honest." I looked at her. "I was hitting on you."

"Good." She looked at a car driving towards her. "So I'll pick you up tomorrow. How's 6 sound?"

"Sounds good."

"Great. I'll see you around." She got in the car and drove off.

I have a date with the asshole that is Kelley O'Hara.

I love being on the national team.