They're In

Your POV:

4-2.

Becky put it away, got hit in the head from Steph, then got up and ran around to all of us as blood fell down her face.

Becky's a badass.

I wanna be like her when I grow up. 

She came out and Whitney replaced her. 

"First international goal and she gets knocked on her ass. Becky is my hero." Ali said.

I laughed. 

One change left. 

Ethan's POV:

Becky scored her first international goal.

Y/N is one away from a hat trick.

We're leading in the gold medal match.

THIS IS INSANE!

"Is this real life?" Gabe asked.

"Feels like a fanfiction." Chloe said. "There is no way 2016 is good to us."

I laughed. "True." 

Australia huddled together. Y/N popped up on the screen. She had a big smile on her face.

Mal was by the 4th official. Since play was stopped, the ref allowed it.

She ran on the field and Carli came off. "CAPTAIN TOBIN!" Chloe screamed. "YES!"

"Relax." Gabe said. "Stupid.

"Hey! Be nice to your sister." 

Gabe sighed and crossed his arms. 

Your POV:

"Yeah Mal!" I clapped as she ran in. 

"Carli said you need your 3rd. So let's get that." She said to me before running off.

Why is Carli obsessed with hat tricks? 

Wait if I get a 3rd the score would be 5-2... 

The World Cup final score.

We played on. Free kick Australia. Gorry set it in, on goal. Hope made the easy save.

"Little but powerful." Whitney said.

Sam started laughing.

"You're too friendly!" I said. "Wait till after the final whistle."

"I'm sorry but it's true!" Sam looked at Gorry. "She's so small." 

I ran off with Mal. Kelley had the ball. We all watched her beat all the players. "That's my girlfriend." I smiled.

"Yeah yeah. Love her after." Mal pushed me. 

No one's POV:

"L/N looking for her hat trick here as O'Hara sends in the ball. Pugh gets a head on it, now with L/N. She'll shoot it from outside the box! Alleway and crash into each other. The US players are appealing for a handball and the ref is not gonna give it." 

"A smile on the face of Y/N L/N."

"Her and Laura Alleway having a good laugh as Lydia Williams gets the ball."

Your POV:

"If you ain't callin handballs I'll just pick it up and throw it into goal myself!" I ran by the ref.

"Easy." Heather put her hand on my shoulder.

Ethan's POV:

3 minutes of extra time. Still 4-2. 

2 goals for Y/N, 1 for Julie and 1 for Becky.

All the US supporters started getting louder knowing we were about to get another gold medal. 

"USA! USA! USA!" The chant started. Chloe jumped on my back. Even Gabe was jumping around. 

"Y/N. Get a hat trick." Chloe said. "And do it now."

"Yes."

"Guess she isn't AS good as we all thought huh."

"GABE SHUT UP!" My mom said.

"Damn mama." I said.

"I know who the least favorite is." Chloe whispered to me. "I'll give you a hint. It's Gabe." 

Right when she said that Y/N took the ball right from Kennedy and ran towards goal.

No one's POV:

"With 90 seconds left in this game. Kennedy now. Oh and Y/N takes it right from her feet!"

"Just the keeper left. She'll take the shot! Upper 90 and there it is! A hat trick for Y/N L/N! 5-2 USA!"

The team crowded around. They all jumped up and down celebrating the goal.

All the US supporters went crazy. Kennedy kneeled down and covered her face. 

Play restarted and a minute after the goal the whistle blew.

Your POV:

A hat trick from me, a goal from JJ and Becky. 

We are gold medalists!

The bench cleared and celebrated. I saw Kennedy sitting on the pitch, with her face in her hands.

I walked over and sat next to her. "You guys played a great game, and had an amazing tournament. You have a lot to be proud about." 

"I let them down."

"Hey." She looked at me. "Y'all still get a medal." 

Kyah ran over.

I rubbed Alanna's back. All her teammates started to come over. "I'm sorry guys." 

"Shut up would you?" Mackenzie said. 

"We win as a team, lose as a team." Lydia said. "You have nothing to be sorry about." 

I got up and put my hand out. Alanna took it and I helped her up.

Sam looked at me. "We still on for tomorrow?"

I laughed. "Only if it's your squad and mine." 

She looked at her teammates. "Guys?" Mal came over to me.

"We're in." Kyah said. 

"Is your squad in?" Gorry asked.

"Wow the small one does speak." Mal said. I slapped her.

"WE HANGING WITH THEM OR WHAT?"

I turned around.

"I think they're in." I smiled. I gave my teammates a thumbs up and they all got happy. Kelley jogged over.

"This is what the Olympics is about after all." She said. "Great game guys." 

No one's POV:

"What a sight on the field right now. Both teams coming together after this amazing gold medal match. This right here is truly what the Olympics are. Athletes from all over the world coming together, and respecting each other."

How is should've been. USA winning gold and Australia getting silver. Actually, both of them getting a medal no matter what color because THOSE ARE MY 2 FAVS AND THEY DESERVED BETTER!