Halftime Entertainment

Your POV:

Semifinal time.

Us vs. Spirit.

"We got this." Christen smiled.

"You could say "we're gonna get crushed" but you always smile so we'd never know." Julie said.

"I'm always happy." She said. "What can I say?"

"You could say why?" I pushed.

"I have great friends."

"Yeah, I know those friends. Tobin, Powell, Heath." I said.

Christen glared at me. "Ha. Funny."

"Hilarious." I smirked.

We went out to practice. Everything was looking good with this squad. 

Finally, it was game day.

Kelley's POV:

"I'm gonna be bitter and say we should've been in the playoffs." Sam said. She came with me.

Wanted to spend time together before she goes back to Australia. 

"We'll we didn't fight for it like we should've." I said. "We can try again next season." I fixed my hood. Fans were all around us. Hopefully, no one would notice.

The game was underway and we watched from our seats. 

"Let's go Spirit!" The home fans screamed.

"Let's go Red Stars!" Sam yelled. People turned around and she ducked.

"Smooth." I laughed. 

Kriegs got the ball and scored. The home fans went crazy.

"Ah shit." I mumbled. "Come on Red Stars!" I yelled.

"No!" A young girl yelled. "Spirit!" 

"Red Stars." I smiled.

"Spirit." She stuck her tongue out at me.

I gasped. "I'm hurt."

She started laughing.

"Sweetie. Leave the poor girl alone." The girls mother said. 

"She's not bothering anyone." I said. "Just some friendly competition." 

"Kel." Sam started slapping my arm. "Kelley!" She slapped me.

"Ow!" I turned to her. "What could you possibly want?" 

"Look at yo girl." She pointed. 

Y/N was standing on the field. It was halftime. 

"If she started, Chicago would probably be winning right now." Sam said.

"Who? Y/N L/N?" Some guy in the crowd said. "Doubt it. That girl is overrated. You want a real talented footballer? Anyone else but her." He said.

I looked at him. "Did you not watch the Olympics this summer? She scored the game-winner, she led the US to that gold medal. You just wish you were half the player she is." I turned back to the field.

"US would've been better off without. She should've been suspended." He said. "HEY Y/N! YOU'RE SHIT!" 

She must've heard him because she turned around. "THANK YOU!" She yelled back. 

"Excuse me, sir." A security guard walked over. "There are young children here. Please watch your language."

I laughed.

"Something funny?" He looked at me.

"We're just trying to enjoy the game." I stood up. "All of us are. You're kind of ruining it for us." 

"Kel. Sit down." Sam said. "Don't do something stupid."

"Yeah, why don't you listen to your little friend." 

"Did he just call me little?" I nodded. "Well, now I gotta get up too." Sam stood up. 

Your POV:

I walked over to the bench. "What is happening in that section over there?" Steph said. I looked. 

"Some dude starting shit." I said. "He was given me a hard time when I was trying to warm up." I shook my head.

Two people starting talking to him. Security walked over.

Steph laughed. "Oh man. This is more entertaining than the game." She said. "My money is on the dude."

One of the two people took their hood off. "Sam?" The other one did the same. "Kelley?" 

"Oh shit it just got more entertaining."