Everything Is Fine

Your POV:

I did what Dawn said and got my knee checked out. There was nothing wrong with it and I was going to start against Mexico. It was a difficult game. Christen came in at halftime.

Then Mal came in. It remained 0-0.

Finally in the 80th minute, Carli scored.

It ended 1-0.

We got back to the hotel after the game. Mal had homework. She asked us for help.

No one got it.

"Can we talk?" Christen asked.

"Yeah. What's going on?"

"I think we should break up."

"What?"

"I think we should break up. Be friends."

"You want to break up?" She nodded. "Why?"

"Us dating is a distraction."

"To who? Who's distracted by us?"

She stayed quiet. I walked to where the rest of the team was. "Is anyone distracted by the fact that Press and I are dating?" Everyone said no. "Then why the hell do you think it's a distraction?" I looked at Press.

"I just think it is." She said.

"So that's it?" I scoffed. "You're just like everyone else." I pushed by her and went back to my room.

Christen's POV:

"What just happened?" Ali asked.

"Press just dumped Y/N." Alyssa said. "Are you all deaf or something?"

Ash stood up. "The fuck Press? None of us are distracted by it! Why is it suddenly a big deal?"

Your POV:

I sat on my bed. That just happened.

She said she loved me.

There was a knock on the door. I sighed and got up to answer it. Kelley was standing in the doorway. "Hey."

"Hi."

"I heard what happened." She said. "I'm sorry. You wanna talk about it?"

"Whatever game you're playing I don't want any part in it-"

"I'm not playing any games. I just want to be your friend. Friends are there for you when you need them." She said. "Can I come in? You can vent. Punch me." I laughed. "Whatever you need."

I nodded. "Come in." She walked in and sat at the desk that's in the rooms.

"How's the knee?"

"Fine. Why haven't you played?"

"Jill hates me." She shrugged. "She said I'll play against Puerto Rico. We'll see."

We sat in silence. "Been awhile since we just sat and talked." She said. "I messed up. I know I did."

"You've made it a habit."

"I know. It's a habit I really need to break."

"We can get tape. That will shut you up."

She laughed. "That's one fix. But honestly. I don't know why I keep messing this up. I honestly want you in my life. You're an important part in my life. I guess I'm just not over my feelings, let them get the best of me."

We sat there for a while and just talked. She asked about my family, I asked about hers.

She said Erin really misses seeing me. That made me laugh.

It was nice to talk without fighting.

"Are you gonna be okay?" She asked.

"Okay about?"

"About Press."

I nodded. "I don't know. A break up is a break up."

She nodded and played with her sleeve. "Did you um." She looked at the ceiling. "Did you love her?" She looked at me.

I nodded again. "I did. And she said she loved me. Now it's over." I looked down. I felt weight next to me on the bed and felt an arm around my shoulders.

I rested my head on Kelley's shoulder. "I don't know what I could say to make you feel a little bit better. But I just want you to know I'm here. Right here, right now. I'm not going anywhere."

This chapter was so deep and a little bit sad if you started to ship you and Press I had to throw in Alyssa being savage..... it just had to happen.

She's so savage and awesome she needs to be appreciated more.

But other than that

OMG YOU AND PRESS BROKE UP! THE FUCK PRESS!

And now you and Kelley are talking again? Where's that gonna go? I have no fucking idea guys. Really. None at all. 

Maybe a small idea.