Suspension

Your POV:

Cheney got another yellow cards. Her 2nd of the tournament. She'd  miss the next match.

I sat with Kelley's family. Megan passed it to Alex who ran towards goal. She was taken down by the Colombian keeper, who got a red. We got a PK.

"Yeah!" People around us jumped up. They put a new keeper in and went down a player. Abby stepped up to take the penalty.

She missed.

"Oh fuck." I said. "What the fuck."

We had the chance to go up 1-0. A few minutes later Alex scored. Everyone celebrated our 1-0 lead.

Then Megan was brought down. Another penalty for us.

"Don't let Abby take it!" Someone near us yelled.

Carli stepped up and buried it.

The stadium celebrated the goal. Abby got subbed out and Morgan went in for her. 

The game ended 2-0. We advanced to the next round. I left with Kelley's family to go to the team hotel. All the families would go too.

"Kel!" Her mom yelled. She walked over and hugged her mom. 

"Y/N!" I looked at Abby. I walked over. "Nice to see you."

"You too." I said. "What's up?"

"I don't want to see you here again." She said. "You need to focus on your season."

"I know." I said. "I told Kelley that."

"But here you are." I looked down. "She's got her family. She's got enough support. Why don't you head back to Chicago kid. Get ready for the game."

I looked towards Kelley who was hugging her brother. "Ok. Fine." I said. "Try not to miss anymore penalties." I said. 

She rolled her eyes. "Try not to get cut from anymore rosters."

"That was cold." I put my hand on my chest. "That was really cold." I walked over to the door. I got a ride to my hotel and packed up to leave. 

Luckily, there was a flight to Chicago so I booked it and headed out. 

I've got my season to worry about.