I'll Pay Her

No one's POV:

"Today we have a classic match. USA vs Canada, winner goes to the gold medal match. Loser will play for bronze. Later today we'll have Germany taking on Australia. Germany beating hosts Brazil to advance to the semifinal while Australia beat China. We go live to the pitch where USA forward Y/N L/N and captain Becky Sauerbrunn are standing by."

Your POV:

"Ladies a rematch of the 2012 semifinal, that wild game that saw you advance to win gold. No team has ever won the World Cup and followed up with Olympic gold. With that on your shoulders is there any extra pressure?"

"It's another tournament for us and we all have the same expectation we have going into a world cup, or the Algarve Cup. That expectation is to win and obviously know that no ones won the world cup then gold, it just makes us want to win more." Becky said.

"Y/N this is your first Olympics and you were cut from the squad that won in Canada last year, what would winning today mean?"

"It'd mean a lot. You know getting cut from the world cup squad hurt, but I used that and now I'm here at the Olympics. We all have a role to play on this team whether we were in Canada last year or not. Like Becky said, we want to win, we know what we have to do to win and we're prepared to do it."

"Scoring game winning goals?"

"All part of the plan." I smiled.

"Well ladies, congratulations on all the success so far and good luck against Canada." 

"And we're off." The camera's turned off. 

"Well done rookie." Becky laughed. 

I shook my head. "We have Mal on the team. When will I stop being the rookie?"

Becky laughed again. "Who knows with this team."

We went back and joined the team. "I don't want to have to play Australia." Kelley pouted during warm ups. "Sam is gonna call me Kevin. And I've talked to Caitlin before she's gonna do it."

"Kevin." I laughed. "So when my grandparents on my dad's side ask if I have a boyfriend I can say his name is Kevin and still mean you." 

"Why would they ask if you have a boyfriend? Don't they know you're gay?"

"They do. They just seem to think I'm joking." I said.

"Didn't they see you and Press at New Years?" Ashlyn asked.

"That was my moms side of the family." I said. "I rarely see my dad's side. But since he's getting married after the Olympics, I'll be seeing them soon."

"Your dad's got a new bae what about your mom?" Mal walked over.

"My mom really hasn't trusted any guys since my dad split." I shrugged. "She said she's got all she needs with her kids." 

"She's a strong independent woman who don't need no man!" Crystal ran by.

"Exactly."

Whitney walked to me. "10 bucks we play Australia."

"10 bucks Boston stays at the bottom of the table."

"You ever see Kyah box?" Everyone in our small group shook their head. "I'm gonna tell her you said that and then, well. We'll all get to see Kyah box." 

"Cause of death Kyah Simon?" I looked at Kelley. "How you feel about that?"

"I mean Kyah's hot I'll miss you babe but she's hot."

"Tell her Whit." I said and jogged away.

"She'll kill you!"

"I'll pay her!" 

Oh the Aussies. BUT FIRST THE CANADIANS!