Well This Is Awkward

Your POV:

Once again I got the start. Kelley and Christen were on the bench. China was a difficult team. We got on the board in the 39th minute. Crystal.

We went into the locker room. I sat next to Rose. Steph walked over from her locker. "I'm still pissed about the deal."

"Bite me, McCaffrey." I said fixing my cleats.

"I'd rather not." She leaned closer to me. "After seeing how Kelley blew up over you hanging out with Press? Pass." She sat back.

"Relax. I took care of it." I looked towards Kelley's locker. She was staring at me as Becky talked to her.

"What's her problem?" Danny asked.

I looked at her. "She's upset that I'm friends with other people on the team besides her." I said. "Like she owns me or some shit."

"That's crazy." Rose added. "She's not gonna try to fight me for sitting next to you is she?"

"She'll have to go through me first." I said. "I got your back, sweet baby Rose."

"Is that sticking?"

"Would you rather that or rookie?"

"How about my name?"

"If only it worked that way, Sweet Baby Rose." Kling walked by. "Nice half, L/N." She said. "Oh shit Kelley's looking. Don't kill me." She walked away.

We went back out for the 2nd half.

Hinkle and HAO came in. Krieger and Crystal sat on the bench.

We continued to attack but it remained 1-0. Play stopped and we looked towards the 4th official. Carli, Tobin, Alex and I would be coming out. We went over. I slapped Emily's back and she ran onto the field. Steph patted my shoulder and Abby hugged me.

"Good work today, rookie."

"Thanks." I looked at Press and hugged her. "Kick ass."

"I will." They ran onto the field and I sat on the bench, next to Amy.

2 minutes after Christen went in, she scored. The bench jumped up. "There we go Christen!" Sam yelled. I clapped. I could feel Kelley's eyes on me.

I looked at Danny. "Just Christen being Christen." She said.

The game ended. 2-0.

We walked back to the locker room. "Good game." Kelley said.

"Thanks." I said. Ash turned and looked at me.

"Super star!" She yelled. I turned and saw Christen. "What a strike."

"Can't defend this one." I added.

"It was a nice goal." Kelley said. "What do you expect though? This is Christen fucking Press we're talking about!"

Christen laughed. "You know I think that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me, O'Hara."

"I need to be a better teammate." She said. "And gotta show some love for a strike like that."

She walked away.

"That was so awkward." Christen said to me. "She was being nice but I'm dating you." She said.

"That's the nicest thing you ever said to me. By the way, me and Y/N are dating." Ash said coming up behind us.