Not Good

Christen's POV:

Texas. Olympic qualifiers.

First up, Costa Rica.

I sat on the bench. Kelley was next to me. Y/N was on the field. Everyone was paying attention to the game. We were up 1-0. Alex scored right away.

"If you knew what was best for Y/N, you'd dump her." I heard Kelley said.

"If I knew what was best for her? And what's better? You?"

"I love her Christen."

"So do it." I said. "I'm not gonna break up with her because you told me to."

"It's not just me. It's a distraction for the team." We watched Carli score the penalty and make it 2-0.

Crystal scored and went into halftime leading 3-0.

Y/N limped towards Dawn.

"You ok?"

"I'm fine, Press." She walked off the field with Dawn.

Kelley watched it and looked at me.

I'm not gonna do it.

We sat in the locker room. Y/N was missing. Dawn came in. "Her knee." She said. "She wants to go a little longer, I don't know if its the right call." Jill nodded. We all watched. Y/N came into the locker room and sat down.

Halftime ended and we went back out to the field. "Y/N." I ran up to her. "Are you mad at me?"

"No." She said. "I was just in pain." She smiled. "I'm fine. Really." She jogged away, struggling a little.

Alex scored and Y/N continued to struggle. "Mal! Get up." Dawn said.

Mal got warmed up and waited at the 4th official. Y/N jogged over to Mal and walked to the bench. Dawn walked over and said something.

"Doesn't look too good." Steph said. 

Dawn walked her off the field and to the locker room.

Your POV:

"It's probably nothing." I said. "It feels fine!"

"It's probably something. We need to get it checked out." Dawn said. "It could be serious."

I sighed and looked at the floor. "And if it is?" I looked up at her. "I'm done."

"Why don't you get it checked out first. Then we'll go from there." She said and walked out back to the field. I sat there.

"Damn it!"

"Substitution for the USA. Leaving the math #8 Julie Johnston!" I heard the fans scream.

"Entering the match #12! Christen Press!"

I sat in my locker and stared at the floor. I took my cleats off and put training pants on. Then I walked out to the bench. 

"Y/N!" Fans waved. I waved back and sat on the bench.

"You good?" Kelley asked.

"Fine." I said.

I looked at Ash. She smiled.

Christen got the ball and scored. The bench jumped up and I clapped.

"What a goal!" Sam said.

"That first touch?" Steph added. "Perfection."

I nodded.

"Christen Press! First touch queen!" Emily finished.