She Believes

Your POV:

The two days home came to a close and I headed to Chicago.

I got settled in my house and got ready to head to Florida for the SheBelieves cup game against England.

When you land let me know. We are spending the day together.

Ash texted. I boarded my flight and flew to Florida.

When I landed, I got my bag and texted Ash.

I waited for my tattooed blonde friend to show up. When she did she was all smiles. "Hi best friend." She wrapped her arms around me and held me like a child holds a favorite toy. "I missed you.

"Hey Ash." She let me go. "Missed you too." I put my bags in the back and got in. We drove to her house. "So why are we spending the day together?"

"It's not just us. Ali will be there too."

"Oh great. I'm a third wheel."

Ash laughed. "Shut up. You aren't. A certain Stanford gal will be there."

"Which one?"

"Which one would you prefer?"

"Neither?"

She stopped at the red light. "That's harsh. Understandable, but harsh." She said. "It's Kel. Whit's here too."

"The little Engen that could?" I smiled. "I love Whit. She's just the best."

"Excuse me?"

"Besides you." I said. "I love you UNC besties equally." 

We got to her house and sure enough, Ali, Whitney and Kelley were there. "Look who I found at the airport!" Ash yelled.

"Small child!" Whitney said.

"Small? We're the same height."

"But not the same age." She said. "When's your 23rd birthday?"

"2 weeks."

"Small child."

"How are you older than me?" Kelley said.

"Because I am."

We hung out then went to the beach. After a relaxing day, the rest of the team and the coaches all arrived and we got to work.

It was nice having Whitney and Heather back.

We finished our first training session and headed out.

England is a good team. Let's hope we're the better side.

"Hey." Christen walked over to me. "How are you?"

"I'm good." I said.

"That's good." She said. "What are you doing now?"

"I don't know."

"Wanna go for a walk?"

"Press. Look I get you're trying to be friendly and everything but I really liked you and you just ended it. Like it was nothing."

"Yo rookie." Ash said. "You coming?"

"Yeah." I looked back at Christen. "I'll see you around. Don't get too distracted." I said. 

"She can't get it through her head that you two broke up?" Kelley said.

"Shut up Kelley." Kriegs pushed her.