You Are Weird

Your POV:

Stoppage time.

Still tied.

"3 minutes!" I heard Becky yell.

I looked at the 4th official. Sure enough there were 3 minutes.

Time started to tick away. We did not want to go to extra time. Not this match. Not when we've been so dominate.

At least we had a time that was actually playing.

I could feel Jill's eyes on me. 

We got a free kick. Crystal looked towards me. 

No one's POV:

"Down to the last minute here. The US have a free kick and Tobin Heath is standing over it. Lots of options in the box. Becky Sauerbrunn thought about it but with this Canadian attack she's decided not too."

"Would really love to see her get that first international goal though."

"Wouldn't we all?" The commentators laughed. "Heath sends it in. Dunn heads it down! L/N!! GOAL USA!! THE WONDER KID STRIKES AGAIN!"

"The world champion Americans lead 3-2 in this Olympic semifinal! If they hold on they will face either Australia or Germany."

Your POV:

I ran to the bench. "You're kidding me!" Alex yelled. She had ice wrapped around her ankle but still pulled me into the biggest hug I've ever gotten from someone who isn't my mom.

Everyone ran around and we formed one ugly team group hug. We ran back to midfield. Jill kept me back. "Kill the damn clock." She said.

I nodded and ran off. "What'd she say?" Tobin asked.

"She said kill the damn clock." I said. "No fucking shit Jill." 

Tobin laughed. 

No one's POV:

"The US bench is on their feet, waiting for that whistle to be blown."

"Come on ref! Blow the whistle already!" 

The players ran around. Canada tried to start an attack, but all US players used every last bit of energy to shut them down. 

"L/N getting back to help out defensively. Beckie with the ball and she's stopped by her Houston teammate Morgan Brian. Brian to L/N who will clear the ball out. And there is the final whistle! The USA on to the gold medal match here in Brazil as they beat the Canadians once again."

"London 2012 and now Rio 2016. The USA will play for gold while Canada will fight once again for bronze."

"Coming up next Germany vs Australia. Winner plays the US. Loser will face Canada! Stay right here with NBC for all your Rio 2016 coverage!" 

Your POV:

We jumped up and down in the locker room. I just watched.

"Y/N. Interview." I got pulled out. I stood in front of reporters.

"Last game scoring the game winner and doing the same tonight. Why do you think you do so well in big moments?"

"I just think that everyone on this team has an important role to play to help us be as successful as we can be. I'm a forward. Scoring goals is part of my job, it's what I'm on this team to do and I did my job. Yeah they were scored in big moments when we needed them but at the end of the day it's my job. I'm always going to be apart of a team as someone who can not only create goals, but score them."

"You guys will face either Germany or Australia. Which one would you prefer?"

"It doesn't matter who we play, our mindset is gonna be the same. Play the best football we can and get that gold medal."

"Congratulations and good luck in the next match."

"Thank you. Go USA." I smiled and walked away. 

I looked down to avoid the camera flashes. Turning to head back towards the locker room I crashed into someone. 

"Shit. I'm sorry." I looked up. "Those cameras are bright."

"I know. And we gotta stop meeting like this America." Kyah laughed.

"Well in my defense you were paying attention. I wasn't but you were. You could've avoided this but you didn't. I think someone's a little obsessed with me, huh Australia?"

"Why you talking to my girl?" Alanna walked up.

"Shit I forgot how tall you are." I jumped back. "Flash." I looked up.

"Red Star."

"Breaker." Kyah chipped in.

"This is a top of the table conversation." I said.

"That was a good one." She nodded. "I'll give you that." 

I smiled. "I gotta get going." I said. "Good luck ladies. Always good seeing you. Coffee once we no longer have to kick each others asses?" I started backing away.

"Keep talking to my girl and I will always have to kick your ass." 

"Ah Alanna. Always so charming aren't you, you fucking giant." 

"You think she's tall to you? Imagine being in my shoes." Gorry walked back.

"No one can fit in your shoes!" 

"Laura is a savage!" 

"You Australian's are weird." I said.

"Yo babe." Kelley ran over. "Alex's ankle is fucking purple! Bitch lookin like Barney."

"Hey it's Kevin!"

Kelley sighed. "Fuck." She whispered.

"Hey Kev!" 

"I'm leaving." She walked away. She grabbed my hand and pulled me away. "Those damn Aussies." She mumbled. 

I kissed the side of her head. "Relax babe."