Grandma Said What

Your POV:

"Gabe if you aren't down in 2 minutes we are leaving without you!" My mom yelled.

"I'm coming! I'm coming."

I looked at my mom. "I have a headache. You're driving." She gave me the keys.

"No fair how come Y/N gets to drive?"

"Cause you have a permit and it's a long drive." She said. "Plus your father is the one who's going to take you driving. You aren't touching my new car."

Ethan sighed. "I'll take you driving." I said.

"When? You don't have a car here."

I smirked. "That's what you think little bro."

Gabe ran downstairs and we got in the car. The drive to our grandparents house was quiet. Except for the music.

"Mom guess what!"

"What?"

"I got to talk to Christen Press last night!" Chloe said.

"Really? That's awesome."

"I know. She's so nice."

I smiled. "She is really nice isn't she? One of my best friends on the team."

"Are you close with Tobin Heath?"

"Little bit? Why?"

"Cause her skills." Ethan said. "Damn if I had those skills."

My mom laughed.

We pulled up in front of their house and got out. "They don't know you're home so. Hide." My mom said. They went up and knocked on the door. I stood off to the side.

"Hi grandma." I heard Ethan say.

"Ethan. You got so big. How was the drive? Come in." My mom looked at me.

"We have a surprise." She said. I walked up to the door.

"Surprise!" I said.

"Y/N!" My grandma hugged me. "When did you get home?"

"Yesterday." I said.

"Your grandfather is out back. You know him." She smiled. We all went inside and I went out back.

"Always out here?" He looked at me.

"Damn right." He laughed. "There's my super star." He hugged me too. "That goal against Sky Blue. First of many for you."

"I hope so."

We talked about soccer and went back inside. "So Y/N your mother told me you went on a date with some girl. What was her name Kelley?"

I looked up.

"Uh yeah."

"Are you two dating?"

"No. It didn't work out." I said. I grabbed my beer.

"Why not?"

"She had a girlfriend." I said. "It's whatever, I'm focusing on soccer."

"That's my granddaughter. You have plenty of time to date. Soccer is now."

"Hank." My grandma said. "Y/N if you like her then it's not whatever. No matter what she did, you still like her."

"Grandma. I get what you're saying but she lied to me. And she is known for lying and playing with peoples hearts."

"You like her though?"

"I don't know."

"If you really like her, Y/N you'll learn to forgive. Whether you like her as a friend or more. Did she apologize?"

"Many times."

"We raised you kids to forgive people. Especially when they know that what they did was wrong and apologize." She said. "She took you on 2 dates, Y/N. I don't think that "girlfriend" of hers is anything to worry about."

"Can we just drop it? Please?"

"Can I have a beer?"

"Gabriel." My mom scolded him.