Anything for You

Your POV:

We were getting ready for our last game before the World Cup roster was finalized. "Y/N." Jill said. "Come see me when you're done." 

"Uh oh trouble in rookie paradise."

"Shut up Kling." Tobin pushed her. 

I finished up and walked over. "Yeah coach?" I said to her. 

"Take a seat." I sat down. "You've done really well." She said. "You've grown as a player and we can't wait to see where you go from here."

"But?"

"But you aren't going to Canada." She said. I looked at the floor. "I'm sorry kid. It was close but with the strikers we have, there wouldn't be a spot." She said.

"Ok." I said.

"You're time with the team is over for right now." She said. "Why don't you head back to Santa Clara. Get ready for the NWSL?" 

I nodded. "Yeah. Thanks coach." I mumbled. 

"Don't give up. Just cause there isn't a spot now doesn't mean there won't be in the future. You're still young, and you've got a lot of potential." 

I nodded again and left. The team were warming up to practice and I got my gear together. 

"Hey." Heather said. "What are you doing? We got practice!" 

I shook my head. My eyes met Kelley's she stopped warming up and looked at me.

"O'Hara!" Dawn said. "Come on lets go! Back to work ladies." 

I made my way into the locker room and then back to the hotel to pack. 

I didn't make it.

I laid on the bed in my room and stared at the ceiling. "Hey?" I looked. Ali walked in. We were roommates.

"What are you doing?"

"Going back to Santa Clara." 

"What? Why?"

"Didn't make the roster." 

"How do you even know?"

"That's what Jill called me in for. During practice. She told me I didn't make it and to go home. Focus on the NWSL." I sighed.

"Y/N I'm sorry." Ali sat on my bed. "What do you need? What can I do?"

"I need a hug Kriegs." I said.

She opened her arms. "I hate hugs but you need it and I'm a good friend." I hugged her.

"You are a good friend." I said. "Thanks Kriegs."

There was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it." Ali said walking to the door. 

"Y/N." Kelley walked in. "What happened?"

"I'll let you two talk." Ali said leaving.

"Why are your bags packed?"

"I didn't make the squad."

"Don't lie. Seriously what happened?"

"I'm not lying Kel." I said. "I didn't make it. I'm going home."

"No. Jill can't do that. I need you on the team with me. I'll go talk to her-"

"Kelley." I grabbe her hand. "Think about it. I can't compete with Abby, Alex, Amy, Christen, Crystal and Sydney."

"If you're cut, I am too."

"Don't be stupid O'Hara." I sighed.

"I'm not! I can't be the best player possible without you." She said.

"You did fine before we met. You'll be fine without me Kelley." I stood up. "I got a flight to catch."

"Y/N." She said. I walked to the door.

Kelley's POV:

"Kick ass in Canada for me O'Hara." She smiled.

"You got it L/N." I said. She walked out of the room. "Anything for you."