With Us

Your POV:

Camp was winding down. Things were still pretty tense.

Our side remained the bigger of the two.

Kelley and I haven't talked much. My mom was now dating that guy she went out with.

"How was it?" I was on the phone with her.

"Good." She said. "Ethan isn't too fond of him."

"How do Gabe and Chloe feel about him?"

"They don't like him either." She said.

"Do you like him?"

"Yeah."

"Then screw those guys!"

"Y/N! Those are your siblings." She said. "How are things at camp?"

"Terrible. It's world war 3, 4 and 5 over here." I said.

"How's Kelley?"

"Don't know. She's my enemy for this war."

"What happened?"

I quickly filled her in on all the drama. "Lots of talk in the media, though." She said. "I guess Jill's on her way out. US Soccer is discussing it. After the questionable choices made during Rio, after Rio, and during SheBelieves? They are talking about the next step."

"I just want to get started on preseason," I said. "away from this drama."

"What about Kelley? You two are currently planning your wedding."

"When she gets her head out of Long's ass, we'll get back to planning."

"Well keep me posted, please."

"I will. Let me know how things are at home." I said.

"I will. Miss you."

I said bye and hung up. There was a knock on my door.

"Press? What do you want?"

"Can I come in?"

"I don't know." I said.

"Y/N. Please? I really need to talk to you. It's about Kelley."

I sighed. "Fine." She walked inside. "Make it short."

"First of all, I hate not being on your side."

"Why aren't you then? I thought we were friends, Press."

"We are friends! I sit near Tobin for breakfast. I sat next to her I didn't know I was gonna be stuck in that group." She sighed. "I hate it. Long keeps talking bad about you and JJ."

"What is she saying?"

"That you are overrated, Kelley can do better and she's a better center back than JJ will ever be."

"How does Kelley respond?"

"She keeps her mouth shut." I nodded. "Good to know." I played with my engagement ring.

"Don't let Long's stupid-ness come between you and Kel."

"It's not Long that's getting between us. It's Kelley sitting there letting her run her mouth about me. Every time talks about how big of an idiot Kelley is, I defend her. Yeah, she is a huge dork and is a little bit of an idiot some times, but that's what I love about her. I defend her and always will. I've had plenty of people tell me that I deserve more in my life than the former college player, Kelley O'Hara."

Christen looked at me.

"I tell then that I wouldn't change my life at all. I love Kelley, you know I do, everyone knows I do. She won't do that for me, though."

Rose walked out of the bathroom. "Please don't end things with Kelley." She said. "I love you guys together."

"I'm not gonna end things. I can't wait to marry her."

"We need to get her away from Long."

"No." I said. "We need to fix this damn team. You with me?"

Christen smiled. "You're my best friend, of course I'm with you."

"Count me in." Rose nodded.

"Let's fix this shit."

WE GOT CHRISTEN!!!!