Why Would You

Kelley's POV:

I looked around the room. Everyone was with their families and friends.

"Where's Y/N?" I asked.

"I don't know." Erin said. "She was here."

I saw Alex walking near me. "Hey Alex." She stopped. "Have you seen Y/N?"

"Yeah. She was talking to Abby." She walked away.

I spotted Abby and walked over. "Abby." She looked. "Where's Y/N? Alex said she was talking to you but I can't find he-"

"I sent her home Kel." She cut me off.

"What? Why?"

"She's got the NWSL season to focus on. You have the World Cup. Lauren and Megan are out next game, you might have to step up. Y/N needs to step up for Chicago while Press is gone. You both have important jobs to do right now. She can't be here every game Kelley."

I looked down. 

"I know you want her here. I know you like her. But you have to let her do her job too. She's supportive of you being here, support her being in Chicago." She patted my shoulder and went back to her family.

Your POV:

"We'll have one final practice here tomorrow. Friday we leave for New Jersey, Saturday practice, Sunday the game. I want 110% from everyone." Coach said. "Alright we're done for today."

"She told you go leave?"

"Pretty much." I put my bag in my car. "I mean maybe its a good thing. I need to be here for this team." I said. "Can't keep running off to Canada just cause Kelley wants me there." I shut the door.

"I get that." Sofia nodded. "I think its cute though. She wants you to be there." She smiled. 

"Looks like Kelley O'Hara is in love." Danny teased.

"Shut up." I said. "She's acts like that with all the girls she wants to sleep with."

"Does she take those girls out on two dates?" Sofia asked. "No. I don't think she does."

"You're so annoying." I got in my car. "Later losers." I said before driving home.