If It Makes You Happy {Dak Prescott}

If it makes you happy

It can't be that bad

If it makes you happy

Then why the hell are you so sad

If It Makes You Happy- Sheryl Crow

I sat in my room doing my makeup. I had to finish quickly since I had plans later with some of my friends. I haven't been out in a while.

Ever since Dak broke up with me, I have been acting differently. But that's going to change. They wanted to go to the Cowboys game which I really did not want to go to, but I guess I don't mind since I'm with my best friends.

I got dressed into an Elliot jersey and a pair of skinny jeans. They are coming to pick me up 10 minutes. I am scared of the possibility of seeing Dak at the game, but I know that it is very unlikely.

I walked into the stadium with them and the first person to catch my attention was Dak. He was standing outside of the locker room in his uniform. I stopped walking and stared at him. He looked up to see me staring at him and he stares back. He gave me a little wave, but I already started walking away from his stare.

We sat in our seats and I was more than unhappy that I saw him. I know that the way we saw each other was unavoidable, but I did not want to see him at all.

He broke up with me because I deserve to live my life while he is playing football. I didn't deserve having to sit out and watch a game on Sundays. I deserve someone who is always there. 

It hurts a lot. We dated for 6 years and he just left me. I am happy knowing he is having a great season and he is in good hands with the Cowboys. I watched him led the team onto the field. This is what he was meant to do his whole life. He was meant to be a leader. 

"Are you okay, babe?" My best friend asked me. 

"Yeah..." I sighed. 

The game went amazing for the Cowboys. They won by 3 touchdowns! Dak threw for 308 yards and 2 touchdowns. He ran one in. He looks amazing on the field and I am extremely proud of him and his accomplishments.

We were walking to the parking lot when I saw him walk out of the locker room. Our eyes interlocked again and I tried to rush out of the stadium.

"VIVIAN! WAIT!" I heard his voice yell out to me. I wanted to keep walking, but my friends slowed me down.

"Talk to him." They told me. I sighed and turned around to see him standing in front of me.

"Hey, Dak."

"Hi, Vivian. How are you?"

"I'm good. You?" Everyone around is could feel the tension and in the moment I couldn't think of anything better to do than to leave right now.

"I'm good." We stood in front of each other. I stared at the ground and I could feel his stare on me.

"You played great."

"Thank you. That means a lot. Can we go and talk?" I looked to see my friends already left me, so I had no choice but to go with him.

"Sure." I followed him down the hall and we eventually made our way to the stadium's bleachers.

"I've missed you, a lot."

"Dak..."

"I know I ended it between us, but I still miss you every day. I thought I was doing us both a favor, but I am absolutely miserable."

"You have your dream. How could you be miserable?"

"I let go of her a little while back."

"It will never be the same." He kissed me all of a sudden and I felt the butterflies that I used to alway feel.

I guess it can be the same.

THANK YOU FOR THE REQUEST. THE COWBOYS ARE PRETTY LEGIT. aND DAK AND ZEKE HAVE SUCH A CUTE FRIENDSHIP! ANYWAYS, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE BABIES. THANK YOU FOR 40 THOUSAND VIEWS AND 700 SOMETHING VOTES. I REALLY DO APPRECIATE ALL OF YOU GUYS. STAY SAFE AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS. ABxx