Better {Jake Ryan}

Nothin' feels better than this

Nothin' feels better, no, no

We don't gotta hide

This is what you like, I admit

Nothin' feels better than this

Better- Khalid

I stood on one side of Jake with my brother Aaron on the other, helping him walk inside of his house. We just found out that Jake tore his ACL at training camp, which put a damper on all of our moods. Aaron and I dropped him off on his couch in the living room because that was the farthest I could go with a 240-pound linebacker putting half of his weight on me.

"How are you feeling man?" Aaron asked taking a seat on the other side of the couch. I sat right next to Jake, carefully trying to avoid his knee.

"How are you supposed to feel after tearing your ACL and ending your season before it even started?" He replied bitterly, making me cringe.

He looked over at me and so the grimace on my face and I saw his eyes soften at me.

"You're right. Sorry, I asked, bud."

"No, you're fine. I'm just a bit bummed out," he admitted to us.

"Well, I guess we should leave you alone a bit. Maybe we'll grab you some food while you rest," Aaron suggested, causing me to stand up as well so I didn't have to feel the wrath of Jake.

"Thanks, man. I appreciate it, but, do you think Kyra can stay here with me while you go?" I looked between Aaron and Jake shocked. Why did he want me to stay?

Half of me wanted to stay with him Incase he needed me for anything, but the other half of me wanted to leave to ensure that he couldn't yell at me because of his frustration.

"Yeah, that's fine. I'll be back soon you two."

I looked at Jake and sat down again, but not as close as I was before.

"Kyra, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped at Aaron because I was frustrated with this stupid injury. I promise that I won't snap at you," he grabbed my hand and looked in my eyes to show the truth behind his words.

"I know, Jake. I trust you. You know that. I thought that you just wanted some time to process this all by yourself."

"No, I want to sit here with my favorite girl," he flirted with me causing me to roll my eyes at him.

"Your favorite girl, you say?"

"You already know that you're my number one, Ky."

"I actually didn't know considering just last month you said you wouldn't ever date me," I shaded him, causing him to groan and throw his head back in frustration.

"I know I said that, but it was only because you are my quarterback's little sister."

"And that's fine, Jake. But don't say things like I am your favorite girl if you don't want to pursue a relationship with me because it is kind of misleading," I snapped at him.

"Look, I do want to be in a relationship with you..."

"I knew that I should've gone with Aaron."

"Kyra! I want to be in a relationship with you, but what happens if we were to break up? You're my best friend. I wouldn't be able to survive without you being a constant part of my life."

"Even if we were to break up, I would still be in your life because I love you and I want to be there for you for everything," I admitted to him causing him to sigh.

"Kyra, will you go out with me?"

"Obviously, you idiot," we laughed together and he pulled me into a kiss for the first time.

"Listen, I love that you guys finally got together but I need to get my keys so could you stop kissing?" We heard Aaron's voice making us laugh.

About time I got to kiss that boy.

THANK YOU FOR READING! VOTE. FOLLOW. COMMENT. I KNOW JAKE IS ON THE JAGUARS NOW BUT I GOT THIS A WHILE BACK SO YEAH. LOOK OUT FOR MORE UPDATES SOON, PROMISE.