The Need To Know {J.J Watt}

I'm not tryna pressure you

Just can't stop thinkin' 'bout you

You ain't even really gotta be my boyfriend

I just wanna know your name

And maybe some time, we can hook up

We can hang out, we can just chill

The Need To Know- Wale ft. SZA

I walked into the NRG Stadium with anxiety bubbling in my stomach. This is going to be my first year as the head of the medical staff for the Houston Texans and I was extremely nervous to start my new job. I was walking behind Bill O'Brien as he led me to meet all the players on the team.

I walked onto the field and they were all gathered together, making me even more nervous.

"Alright, everyone, listen up really quick," Coach O'Brien yelled out, gaining everyone's attention. "This is Bailey and she is our new head of the medical staff. She is here when you need help and to treat your injuries so remember to treat her with respect or you'll be hearing from me."

"Hey guys," I said shyly and waved my hand lightly. They all greeted me back, calming my nerves a bit more.

Most of the players returned to getting ready for practice, while a couple went up to me and introduced themselves.

"Hi, I'm JJ Watt," I turned around to face him and immediately became star struck.

"Um, yeah. I'm uh I'm Bailey," I stuttered through causing him to chuckle.

"Yeah, nice to meet you. I'm looking forward to getting to know you," he backed away, but not before winking at me. I blushed at him and turned the other way to start my first practice day.

Throughout my first practice, players would come over and make small talk with me. JJ comes over every chance that he gets which makes me nervous because I think he's super cute and had a celebrity crush on him before I got this job.

"So have you always been into Sports medicine?" He asked as he drank from the water bottle I had just handed him.

"Yeah, I started doing it while I was in high school and it became my passion."

"I'm super excited that they chose you," he said with a smile. I thought he was just being nice before, but now I feel a blush creeping up my cheeks.

"I am too."

Gameday

"Afternoon games are totally better than morning games," JJ tried to convince me as I walked into the stadium with him for my first official game.

"No way! Are you being serious JJ?"

"Yeah! You get to sleep in and study a little more before you hit the field."

"Yeah, but you get to go out for longer when you have a morning game," I argued back, causing him to laugh.

"Alright, you win," he gave up our argument, causing me to laugh and cheer.

We talked for a bit longer until we stopped in front of the locker room. I stood in front of him and looked into his eyes to which he stared back just as intensely.

"I better get going so I could set up," I tried to walk around him when he grabbed my arm.

"I'll see you later, Bailey," he kissed my cheek causing me to look up in surprise. "I needed that for good luck, you know?" I rolled my eyes and watched him walk into the locker room. 

Gosh, I am already fucked for that boy.

During the game

I was watching the game intensely from the sidelines. We were currently winning 21-17 against the Los Angeles Chargers. They decided to run Justin Jackson on 2nd and 3, but he fumbled the ball before he got past the first down. I started celebrating with the team when JJ picked it up, but my heart quickly dropped when a Chargers player lowered his head and hit JJ with helmet to helmet contact.

I stood there in shock for a minute when JJ laid on the field before picking up my medical bag and running to see if he was okay.

I saw that he had a confused look on his face and automatically knew what most likely had happened. I was surrounded by some coaches and players as I asked questions that he could barely answer. The whole stadium cheered as he stood and his brother, Derek came over to give him a big hug and check on him before we escorted him to our sideline.

We sat in the tent together as I checked him to fully make sure that he was suffering a concussion.

"Well, JJ," he looked up at me and from the time he was on the field until now he looked way better. " You passed the concussion protocol. It must have just been a hard hit," I told him softly, rubbing his shoulder.

"I can go back in the game?" He asked.

"There are only 30 seconds left. I think you better sit that out, yeah?"

"Yeah," he thankfully agreed with me. We sat in silence as we watched the Texans beat the Charger. I was starting to clean up my tent when he called my name.

"Do you think we could go on a date after this?" He asked cheekily. I smiled in response and made my way over to him.

"I would love to go on a date with you."

THANK YOU FOR READING! I HOPE YOU ENJOYED. MY FAVORITE WATT IS PERSONALLY TJ BEING A STEELERS FAN BUT DEREK AND JJ ARE GREAT TOO. VOTE. COMMENT. FOLLOW. HOPE YOU'RE ENJOYING THE UPDATES!