I Stay In Love {Chris Hogan}

And I keep on telling myself

That you'll come back around

And I try to front like "Oh well"

Each time you let me down

I Stay In Love- Mariah Carey

Chris's POV

I walked into Gronkowski's house with bags of chips. He decided to throw a team party and I am so excited to hang out with the guys. I wish my girlfriend, Skylar could come, but she said she was busy.

"Gronk!" I yelled. He turned around and smiled. We did the bro hug thing.

"I didn't think you would be able to make it Hogan."

Why wouldn't I be able to make it? Of course, I was going to come. I never miss team bonding except for something important. I shook it off and went to greet the other guys. We all sat around the television, watching the basketball game. I look around and notice we are missing one of our quarterbacks.

"Hey, where's Brady?"

The guys all turned to look at me. Some with confused faces. Some with disappointed.

"It's Skylar's birthday. He wanted to spend the day with her. What did you do for her?" Jimmy answered.

My eyes went wide. I fucked up big time. How could I forget her birthday?

"You forgot didn't you?" Julian asked.

"Not on purpose. She's going to hate me. I didn't mean to!"

"I'm not sure who's going to hate you more. Tom or Sky." Danny made it even worse.

"I'm going to go. I have major making up to do." They all shouted goodbye. I hurried into the car and decided to stop at the store first. I bought her flowers and a cake.

I arrived at her house, but there wasn't anybody there. I didn't want to chance my death by going to Tom's house so I just waited outside of her house on the stairs.

I felt my phone dying and I looked down quickly

Tom
don't ruin an amazing relationship because of your stupidity

I sighed as I saw her car pull into the driveway. I stood up quickly.

"Hey, baby."

"What do you want Chris?"

"I'm sorry. I just want to talk."

"That's a good idea. Let's talk about how you forgot my birthday even though I have reminded you about 100 times. Let's talk about this is my first birthday when I'm in a relationship with you. Let's talk about how stupid I looked this morning waiting for at least a happy birthday text. Let's talk about how I cried my eyes out to my parents because of my oh so amazing boyfriend forgot."

"I know I messed up big time, but you know that I would never do that on purpose. You are the light of my life and I feel horrible. I know I'm a horrible boyfriend, but I love you so much..."

"You love me?"

"Of course I do. I came here as soon as I remembered I forgot. "

"Never again?"

"Never."

"I love you, Chris."

I kissed her slowly as she softened her gaze at me. We hugged for a while before I heard her sigh.

"I still can't believe you forgot my birthday."

THANK YOU FOR READING! I HOPE YOU ENJOYED! I'M WORKING HARD ON REQUESTS, BUT GUYS ACTUALLY WE ARE SO CLOSE TO 100K READS SO THANK YOU SO MUCH. REMEMBER TO VOTE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW. READ ANAXIPHILA. I DON'T LIKE TO ASK, BUT IF YOU HAVE RECENTLY REQUESTED, CAN YOU WAIT A LITTLE BIT BEFORE REQUESTING AGAIN? IT WOULD BE SO MUCH EASIER. THANK YOU!