You're Still The One {Matt Ryan}

They said "I bet they'll never make it"

But just look at us holding on

We're still together still going strong

You're still the one I run to

The on that I belong to

You're still the one I want for life

(You're still the one)

You're still the one I love

The only one I dream of

You're still the one I kiss goodnight

You're Still The One - Shania Twain

"Wake up, honey," I heard as I slowly started to wake up. I groaned and tried to turn the other way, but a hard chest was preventing me from doing so.

"Leave me alone," I grumbled, causing a loud laugh from the mouth above me.

"But I miss you, baby. Don't you want to spend time with me?"

"Yeah, later."

"You're grumpy this morning, baby. Come on, I'll cook for you Lauren. Maybe that'll make you happy, hopefully."

I sat up when he finally moved from on top of me. He smiled at me and gave me a kiss on the lips, despite my morning breath. I sighed and leaned into his chest.

"I miss the days when you had practice and left me alone," I mumbled into him, but somehow he heard and playfully whined.

"I thought you loved me," he pouted. I rolled my eyes at him and leaned more into his body for comfort and warmth.

"I do, baby, but I love sleep more and ever since you retired I've gotten less and less sleep," I complained. He suddenly picked me up and playfully threw me down on the bed. He hovered over me and looked down in my eyes.

"You weren't acting like this last night, Lauren," he winked and I hit his chest in response. (eww that I such an overused line)

"I liked you a lot more than I do right now," I pulled his chain down to bring him closer and kissed him.

He laid down on me without applying all of his weight on me. He moved the hair from in front of my face and stroked my cheek. When he was about the kiss me again, we heard a yell from outside of our door.

"Mommy! Daddy! Are you awake?" I heard from our youngest daughter, Nicole.

Matt rolled off of me and we gave them the okay to come in our room. All three of our kids ran in and jumped on top of us. We groaned as their weight clashed against us.

"We're hungry!"

"Can we go to the park today?"

"Mommy, Daddy is squishing me!"

I laughed at all of them and hugged them closer to me as Matt did the same thing.

"Hey, if you guys get ready, Mommy and I will take you out to breakfast and the park," Matt suggested which caused all three of them to jump off our bed to run to their rooms and get ready.

"You such a good dad," I whispered as our eyes met again.

"You're an even better mom," he whispered back.

"Do you ever regret retiring for days like this?"

"Never."

"Are you sure? Football is pretty exciting."

"Not as exciting as you guys," he responded, causing me to laugh at him.  "No, I'm being serious. I love being your husband and their daddy."

"How'd we get so lucky?"

"I'm the lucky one."

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED. ALL OF THIS SUPPORT EVER SINCE I CAME BACK MAKES ME SO HAPPY. THANK YOU FOR READING SERIOUSLY GUYS! COMMENT. FOLLOW. VOTE. WHATEVER YOU WANT. I APPRECIATE ALL OF YOU GUYS. CAN'T BELIEVE THIS BOOK IS ALMOST OVER. NEXT IS ANAXIPHILIA, PROMISE!