You Can Let Go Now Daddy {Xavier Rhodes}

Wind blowin' on my face

Sidewalk flyin' beneath my bike

A five-year-old's first taste

Of what freedom's really like

He was runnin' right beside me

His hand-holdin' on the seat

I took a deep breath and hollered

As I headed for the street

You Can Let Go Know Daddy- Crystal Shawanda

"Mommy, guess what?" My five-year-old daughter screamed when she got in the car.

"What happened, baby?"

"The boy who sits next to me during share time likes me!"

"He likes you?"

"Yes, Mommy. He said that I am pretty and he likes all of the toys I bring," she blushed while telling me.

"Does that mean little Livy has a boyfriend?"

"No, Mommy! I told him that I have to ask my mommy and daddy, first."

"Well, do you like him too baby?"

"I do! He's so nice and he always shares his toys with me!"

"Then I'm okay with it, Sweetheart. But you have to ask Daddy because he is very protective of his little princess hanging out with boys," I warned her.

"I know, mama!"

The rest of the car ride home, she continued to tell me all about him and why she liked him. I knew that it was just a small kindergarten relationship that I as well used to have so I was okay with it. She was smiling the whole time and I my heart was filled with joy that my daughter was about to get her first boyfriend.

When we got home, she ran upstairs to play with her dolls while I stayed downstairs and cleaned up the house a little bit. About an hour later, I heard the door open and saw Zay with his practice bag.

"Hello, Sweetheart!" He yelled as he walked through the door. I felt his arms wrap around my waist and lift me up a little.

I turned around in his grasp and gave him a kiss. "How was your day, my love?"

"A lot better now that I'm home with my beautiful wife and daughter."

"Speaking of your daughter, she has something to ask you."

"Ask me?"

"Yeah, something about a boy?"

"Fuck no, Emily."

"Well, you're gonna have to be the one to break her tiny little heart."

We both made our way upstairs to her room to see her playing with her dolls. "HI DADDY!" She ran into his arms and he swung her around a bit.

"Hey, baby. Mommy said you have something to tell me."

"I want to have a boyfriend."

"Baby, you're still so young. You don't need any boys in your life except Daddy."

"But he's so cool, daddy! And he shares his toys with me and tells me that I'm beautiful like you do!" She gave him the puppy dog eyes and I knew he was convinced. "And guess what else! He was a Vikings jersey just like you do! His says number 22 though."

"Okay, Livy you can have a boyfriend. But no kissing, you understand?"

"Eww, Daddy that's icky!"

"I know, baby. Now give daddy a kiss."

We walked downstairs as Livy continued to play with her dolls.

"Just no kissing, huh?"

"I couldn't just say no to her, Emily."

"Just wait until she gets a boyfriend in ten years."

"Oh hell no!"

THANK YOU FOR READING MY DUDES. HOPE YOU ENJOYED MY TWO UPDATES TONIGHT/THIS MORNING/AFTERNOON/EVENING! ONLY HAVE A FEW MORE B4 I REOPEN REQUESTS! KEEP READING AND IF YOU LIKE THE SHIT THAT I LIKE OTHER THAN THE NFL, I RECCOMMEND FOLLOWING MY SECOND ACCOUNT.

AllysonHopeB2