I Care {Michael Thomas}

Well, I care

I know you don't care too much

But I still care, baby

Oh, I care

I know you don't care too much

But I still care, yeah

I Care- Beyoncé

I woke up from my front door slamming and shaking the whole house. I sighed as I heard Michael throw his bags down on the floor. He had just come home from a 27-9 loss against the Rams. I knew he was disappointed because he was looking forward to a rematch after the playoffs game.

I got out of our bed and made my way downstairs to see him sitting on the couch with his head in his hands. I sat next to him and still didn't get a reaction.

"Hey honey," I patted his back before rubbing it up and down.

"I don't want to talk about it," he said aggressively making me flinch a little.

"We don't have to. Are you hungry? Tired? I could run you a bath."

"Jay," he said sternly finally looking me in the eyes. "Leave me alone."

I was taken back by his anger towards me and decided against arguing with him. I moved from the couch and walked back upstairs to our room. I slammed the door to signify that I was upset with him and the way he just treated me.

I flinched when I heard him throw something on the ground and groan in frustration. I laid back down on my side of the bed and turned on the television. I found a movie to pass the time with and to help me ignore my frustrations with Michael.

I get that they wanted to redeem themselves, but what did they honestly expect to happen after Drew Brees got hurt. Despite the loss, he had a good game and had no right to get upset with me. Even if he didn't have a good game, he didn't have a right to get upset with me. I never did anything to him personally and it definitely wasn't my fault that his team lost.

I was too focused on the movie to hear the footsteps coming towards the room. There was a light knock on the door that I ignored. The door opened slowly and I finally saw the face of my boyfriend, who currently was on my hit list.

"I brought ice cream as an apology," he said softly and showed me the mint chocolate chip ice cream that he brought me. "I shouldn't have been such an asshole towards you. You're an angel and you just wanted me to feel better. It's not your fault that we lost and I'm sorry."

I stared him down and patted his spot in our bed so he would sit next to me. He sat down and handed me a spoon for the ice cream. I grabbed it and opened the tub for us to share.

"You can't just be mean to me every time you lose a game," I stated firmly. He nodded his head and looked me in the eyes. "I'll forgive you this time, but only because the mint chocolate chip is my favorite."

He smiled at me and kissed my shoulder. I scooped some ice cream on my spoon and fed it to him. I cuddled into his chest and he held me close.

"I'm so lucky to be with you," he whispered in my ear.

"I'm even luckier." He laughed and shook his head.

"You have no idea how much you mean to me."

THANK YOU FOR READING! HOPE YOU ENJOYED. FOLLOW. VOTE. COMMENT. I THINK THAT WAS MY LAST REQUEST FROM EARLIER IN THE YEAR SO HELL YEAH! ONLY RECENT REQUESTS ARE BEING WRITTEN SO FINALLY I AM ALL CAUGHT UP. REQUEST IF YOU WANT TO! I MEAN THERE ARE ONLY A FEW SPOTS LEFT. < 3