Better Man {Stefon Diggs}

With your love, your love, I'm a better, better man

Darling, all of my wrongs, they lead me right to me

Wrapped in your arms, I swear I'd die

For your love, your love, I'm a better, better man

Better Man- 5 Seconds of Summer

I sighed as the clock struck past midnight. It was the third night in a row that Stefon was not home to tuck our daughter into bed or even before he promised to.

Tears pooled in my eyes as I felt myself become helpless. I always want to help him become the best version of himself and allow him to grow, but ever since he won the Super Bowl he goes out with the guys all the time. I understood it when he went out during the playoffs and I understood it the first month after winning the Super Bowl, but now it has been 3 months since the Super Bowl and he has been an inactive figure in mine and our children's life.

I started to get ready for bed myself when I heard a small cry from the room, next to mine. I head towards the nursery to see my son crying after being asleep for a few hours.

I changed his diaper, fed him, rocked him, and sang to him but nothing seemed to be working. I woke up my daughter from her sleep and led both of my babies to the front door so we could take a late-night drive.

After an hour of driving, they were both asleep and I was finally on my way back home to sleep. I grabbed each of them in one arm to take them inside when the front door opened. I stopped in my tracks but then noticed that it was only Stefon.

"Where were you?" He asked, frantically looking between the three of us.

"Our son couldn't sleep so I took them on a drive," I explained, passing our daughter to him.

"Why didn't you answer your phone?"

"I must have forgotten it. We were in a rush heading out."

"Okay. Okay," he sighed in relief and followed me upstairs to put our kids to bed.

After dropping off our daughter and our son, he followed me into our bedroom and pulled me into a tight hug.

"I thought you left me,"he mumbled into my neck. "I know that I go out all the time and that's not fair to you or our kids and I'll do better. I promise I'll do better. You just can't leave me. Please don't leave me," I felt tears roll down my neck and felt bad even though I know that I shouldn't have.

"I won't leave you, but it's not fair that you get to go out constantly for months while I stay at home with the kids. You have a 3-year-old and a 6-month-old, you have to do better. And on top of that, you have me, I shouldn't have to struggle alone. "

"I know. I won't let you struggle alone anymore, promise. You'll have me by your side every night from here on out," he tried to compromise with fear still in his eyes. 

"It doesn't have to be every night," I mumbled, putting my arms around his neck.

"It will be every night before midnight," he swore, staring me in the eyes.

"Okay, thank you," I gave him a gentle kiss on the lip which he quickly returned.

"Just remember to always answer your phone."

REMEMBER TO ANSWER YOUR PHONE BECAUSE WHAT IF THERE WAS AN EMERGENCY. BETTER TO BE SAFE. THANK YOU FOR READING. I HOPE YOU ENJOYED. VOTE. COMMENT. FOLLOW. WHEW UPDATES FROM ME! THAT'S CRAZY!