Don't Matter {Rashad Jennings}

Nobody wanna see us together

But it don't matter no

'Cause I got you babe babe

Nobody wanna see us together

But it don't matter no

'Cause I got you, babe

'Cause we gonna fight

Oh yes we gonna fight

Believe we gonna fight

We gonna fight

Fight for our right to love yeah

Don't Matter- AKON

"Nice to meet you, guys." My boyfriend said as he left my house.

"Nice to meet you too, Rashad." My parents said half-heartedly.

I smiled up at Rashad. "I'll meet you in the car." I waited until he left to ask my parents. "So did you guys like him?"

"He's a really nice guy, sweetheart. But, he's 32." My mom said gently.

"I know. So what?"

"He's almost ten years older than you. You don't want that, baby." My dad butted in.

"I don't care. He makes me happy. That's all that matters."

"There's another thing, he's in the NFL. He's never going to have time for you."

"He makes time for me now."

"It's offseason."

"Of course. The one guy that I like and actually introduce you guys too, you don't like."

"It' not that we don't like him. He's just not the one for you. We know these kinds of things. We're your parents."

"Yeah, and as my parents, you should be happy for me."

"We are."

"Obviously not." I grab my purse and slam the door shut. I get in the car with Rashad. He gives me a big smile, and I try to give him a small one back. He starts to drive off. I look out the window.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"I turn to him confused.

"If I offended you or you family somehow. You just aren't talking so I thought you were mad."

"I'm not mad, baby."

"What's wrong then?"

"My parents think you're too old for me and your career will get in the way of our relationship," I confessed.

"Oh."

"They like you. They're just looking out for me, I guess."

"Listen, football will never get in the way of us. I love you too much to let that happen. I know I'm older, but I've never felt this way with anyone else before. I'll convince your parents. I'll do whatever it takes."

"I love you."

"I love you. I'll always have your back. I'll be there for you. I got you."

I got you.

THANK YOU FOR READING! I HOPE YOU ENJOYED! SORRY, IT TOOK AWHILE. I AM HOPING TO WRITE A LITTLE FASTER BECAUSE MY BOYF IS OUT OF TOWN AND SCHOOL WORK IS GOING DOWN A BIT.