Why Won't You Love Me {Jared Goff}

Switching into airplane mode again

We're not alright but I'll pretend

Press my cheek against the glass

Just be good 'til I get back

The ground disappears

I hold back the tears

I check my phone to see your face

Staring back as if to say

Don't worry, you won't be lonely

Why Won't You Love Me- 5 Seconds of Summer

"Really? Again?" I rolled my eyes as I walked into the bathroom to do my nightly routine.

"Sorry, Nicole. It's not like I can just pause the practices to obey your every command, every second of the day," Jared replied sarcastically.

"My every demand? I ask you to come home on time so you could say goodnight to OUR DAUGHTER. Do you remember her? You haven't been at home in such a long time. Do you even remember what she looks like anymore?"

"Don't even fucking go there, Nicole," he started to raise his voice.

"No, you know what Jared, I'll go where ever I want."

"Yeah, like you've been going out with your friends until 2 in the morning."

"Oh God forbid I have a life, right? I mean all I am supposed to do is sit around and wait for you. Is that all I'm really good for? Give you a child and all of a sudden, I'm pushed to the side?" I raised my voice to match his.

"I have never pushed you to the side!"

"YES, YOU DO! That's all you ever do. You come home late, you practice, you sleep, and you might read Carly a bedtime story if you have time for her. I understand that you are trying to prepare for the Super Bowl, but is any of it going to be worth it when you have no one to celebrate with because you pushed Carly and me too far away to even want to stay with you," I screamed at him from across the room.

"No, I do put in the effort but you refuse to see any of it being made. Because you are always telling me what to do next! You tell me to clean this, wash this, move that, do this so no wonder I have time to spend with you. And it really shows your character when you are willing to leave your husband of 8 years over some petty shit!"

"Some petty shit? None of this is me being petty! This is expecting you to be a good husband and a good father because it seems like you forgot about those roles you play in our lives!" I screamed at him, getting closer to the bed.

"Nicole, you -," he got cut off by a knock on the door. We both looked toward the door and saw Carly walk in with her favorite stuffed animal.

"What is wrong, baby? Did you have a nightmare?" I asked, pulling her into my lap and hugging her.

"No. You and daddy woke me up again," she admitted, causing me to look up at Jared and sigh. "Do you guys even still love each other?" She asked in a small voice.

My eyes widened and I looked up to meet Jared's eyes to see that they matched mine.

"Of course mommy and daddy still love each other. They will love each other forever. We're sorry for waking you up, angel," Jared made his way over to us and put his arms around us.

"Mommy and Daddy never meant to make you question their love. There is no one else that we love more than each other, other than you princess," I comforted her making her nod her head and lay her head farther in my chest.

Jared and I sat in silence as Carly feel asleep in my arms.

"I am so sorry," Jared whispered.

"No, I'm sorry I know that you can't control the practice times."

"I'm going to try so much harder to be here for you and Carly. I love you guys more than anything and I would never want that taken away from me, okay? I love you."

"I love you too, Jared. I'm sorry for being so stupid and thinking you were doing this on purpose. And I'll stop asking you to do so much. I understand you have a lot to do," I compromised with him, causing him to smile and hold me closer.

"I just can't believe it took our 6-year-old daughter to realize how stupid we were."

HOPE YOU ENJOYED. VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW. KEEP READING AND THANK YOU FOR READING. HOPEFULLY MORE TO COME : ))))