Wannabe {Odell Beckham Jr.}

If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends

(Gotta get with my friends)

Make it last forever, friendship never ends

If you wanna be my lover, you have got to give

Taking is too easy, but that's the way it is

Wannabe - Spice Girls

"But I'm nervous!" I exclaimed to Odell, who was getting ready to go out with his friends.

"There's no need to be nervous, baby. I love you and my friends will love you. Who wouldn't?"

"Can we just say that I am sick and meet them another time?" I pouted, causing him to laugh and wrap his arms around me and pull me closer.

"I'll be right there with you, okay bebé?"

"But..." he cut me off and put his finger up to my mouth.

"You trust me, right?" He asked and I nodded my head at him. "I'll be right there with you and if they don't like you, that's a big if though, we can leave."

"Promise?" I pouted my lips out to him.

"I promise," he said before kissing my lips. He walked away to finish getting ready and I sighed before I decided to do finish getting ready as well.

I walked into the Landry household, following behind Odell. The door was left open and I heard a lot of voices as we walked inside.

"Shouldn't we have knocked?" I asked, scared of being rude.

"It's okay, baby. This is my house too," he said and I rolled my eyes at him for what felt like the 30th time today. I don't really know if it was out of anxiety or annoyance.

"What's good, y'all?" He asked as we stepped in the living room and everyone stared at us.

Everyone shouted a greeting at him and I smiled politely at them, not really knowing who was who.

"This is my girl, Mya," he introduced me, pushing me forward in front of him.

"Hey," I waved shyly at everyone and they greeted me back kindly.

"Baby, this is Jarvis. Baker, Nick, Myles, and that is Greedy Williams," he pointed out everyone that was there to me and I tried to remember their names as he pointed them out.

"This is your girl?" Myles asked as he looked me up and down, making me feel uncomfortable and grab Odell's hand even tighter than I originally was.

"Bro, you don't even gotta do all of that," Odell defended me.

"Man, I was just kidding. Mya, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too," I replied with a smile on my face to hide how uncomfortable I felt.

"We're gonna get some food, we'll meet y'all back out here," Odell pulled me into the kitchen so we could make our plates. "I'm sorry about that, baby. I didn't know he would do that."

"It's not your fault, bubs. It wasn't the worse thing that could have happened."

"I know, but it shouldn't have happened. Anyway, are you still nervous?" He teased me.

"A little nervous, yes, but I got my boyfriend next to me."

"I told you I would be right there next to you. I'll always be there for you, mamas."

"I'll always be okay as long as I have you," I told him truthfully, looking up to his eyes.

"Than you'll always be okay."

"ODELL! MYA! Stop flirting and get in here! The game is about to start!" Jarvis yelled for us.

I finished making my plate and was going to walk into the living room before Odell stopped me.

"I really do love you, mamas. Thank you for coming to meet my friends," he said sincerely with a small smile on his face.

"Anything for you."

THANK Y'ALL FOR READING! I HOPE YOU ENJOYED! VOTE! COMMENT! FOLLOW! OR WHATEVER! I'M STILL IN QUARANTINE 🥴 BUT REALLY NO COMPLAINTS. JUST ME AND MY BOO AND OUR PUPS! HOPE YOU'RE ALL SAFE AND WELL. < 3 BTW TUA TAGOVAILOA IS MY FAVORITE ROOKIE OF THE DRAFT ALREADY LOL! I LOVED HIM IN ALABAMA.