Realize {Dak Prescott}

If you just realize what I just realized,

Then we'd be perfect for each other,

And we'll never find another.

Just realize what I just realized.

We'd never have to wonder if

We missed out on each other now.

Realize- Colbie Caillat

September 14th, 2008

Today was the first day of my Sophomore year. I just recently moved to Louisiana because my dad got a job here. I am going to Haughton high school and I am terrified of being the new kid. I walked towards my locker number that I was assigned. I looked like everyone else, looking for their locker. It was still obvious I am the new girl though. I was looking through the lockers when I bumped into someone.

"I am so sorry!" I didn't want to make enemies already since it is only the first day of school.

"It's fine. It was my fault. Are you new here? I've never seen you before."

"Yeah. I'm Kaylla."

"Dak."

We have been best friends ever since.

Present Time

I walked into the Cowboys Stadium with some of my friends. I was scared of seeing Dak, but I know since he is on the field, there is a very little chance of seeing him. We were looking for our seats, and I got put in the worse possible situation. Our seats were in the front, next to Dak's brothers and his dad. I  awkwardly smiled at them. I haven't seen them since before the draft.

Dak and I just stopped talking after he got drafted because he was always busy. I don't blame him for us not talking anymore, but if it were up to me. We would still be best friends. Truth be told, I used to like him a lot, and I still do. But I doubt he even remembers me.

"Kaylla? Is that you? I feel like I haven't seen you in forever, girl." Jace pulled me into a tight hug.

"Nice to see you too, J."

I hugged Tad and Nathaniel before sitting down next to Jace.

"How have you been?"

"I've been good. You?"

"Good. Good. Did Dak invite you?"

"No. Girls weekend."

"He misses you."

"We haven't talked in months."

"He loves you."

"I love him too," I sighed before turning to the girls. Finally, the team came out and I saw him for the first time in a long time. I am so proud of him, and I miss him every day.

I sighed with tears in my eyes. Jace grabbed my hand and patted it. I looked up to see Dak looking over in our direction. Jace let go of my hand and waved at him, but he wasn't looking at Jace. He was looking at me. I looked away towards the girls and waited for the game to start. The game was a close one, but The Cowboys ended up winning in the end. I said my goodbyes to his family before walking out of the stadium.

"I have to use the bathroom!" My friends squealed before running to find the bathroom. I walked behind them. I bumped into a sweaty chest.

"We always meet like this." I heard a familiar voice. I looked up into my favorite pair of eyes.

"Hi, Dak." I felt his lips on mine all of a sudden. It was heaven.

"I have wanted to do this since high school. I wanted to win a game and kiss the girl of my dreams after. I have loved you since high school. I have missed you so much. I want to see you at every game. I'm sorry we lost touch, and I'm sorry that I'm not the greatest best friend. But I can be a great boyfriend."

I stared up at him and smiled at the words I have been waiting for since sophomore year.

"I could be a pretty great girlfriend, as well."

Dreams can come true.

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED! THANK YOU FOR THE REQUEST! MY COMPUTER STOPPED WORKING SO I AM USING MY BOYFRIEND'S COMPUTER. HE DOESN'T HAVE TO EDIT APP I HAVE SO SORRY IF THERE ARE MISTAKES. VOTE. COMMENT. FOLLOW. READ ANAXIPHILA! COMMENT ON THAT! IT HAS EZEKIEL ELLIOTT! THANK YOU GUYS! :) xx