Ain't No Mountain High Enough {Patrick Mahomes}

Listen, baby, ain't no mountain high

Ain't no valley low, ain't no river wide enough baby

If you need me call me no matter where you are

No matter how far don't worry baby

Just call my name I'll be there in a hurry

You don't have to worry

Ain't No Mountain High Enough- Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell

Patrick sighed loudly as he entered our home and dropped his bag by the front door, causing me to look up from my laptop. Our dog ran up to him to smell him before trying to jump on him. Patrick petted him for a while before he made his way over to me.

"Long day at practice, sweetheart?" I asked as he laid his head on my lap, causing me to move my laptop to our coffee table. I ran my hand through his curly hair and he closed his eyes in content.

"I just want to make it to the Super Bowl, ugh."

"I know, baby. I also know that you are going to make it because you work so hard and you're the best player on every field that you go on."

"Yeah, well, you have to say that babe," he groaned into my stomach making me giggle.

"I don't have to tell you anything. I'm being honest. You are going to the Super Bowl and you are gonna win it because you, Patrick Mahomes, are the MVP."

He smiled up at me before kissing my stomach and closing his eyes to fall asleep.

AFC Championship Game

I sat in anticipation as the Chiefs rushed down the field in the 3rd quarter against the Baltimore Ravens. No one was open so Patrick started to run and he rushed for 15 yards before Matt Judon tackled him before he went to slide. I stood up to see him better and saw that he hasn't gotten up yet. My heart was dang near beating out of my chest. The athletic team rushed over to him and my heart dropped down to my stomach.

They eventually got him up and he limped off the field with the support of teammates and coaches. I quickly grabbed my purse and jacket before rushing to the trainer's room to check in on him.

He was sitting on the table with his face obviously distorted in pain.

"Hey baby," I hesitantly walked into the room and grabbed his hand when he reached out for me.

"They think it's my ACL," he admitted with tears rolling down his cheeks. I gasped in shock and tried to keep the tears in my eyes. "I have to be able to play in the Super Bowl. I have to, Kayla. I've worked too hard to let Matt come in and take my spot. I know it's wrong, but I've worked so hard baby."

"Shh. I know honey. You're gonna be okay. It's gonna be okay," I held him to my chest and let him release all his frustration.

We sat in silence as we waited for the medical trainer to come in and tell us the verdict. I watched the game continue to be played and hoped that Patrick would be okay to play in the big game.

"So, we have good news and bad news," the medical trainer came in and started to explain to us. I held onto Patrick's hand tighter for support. "You can't return to the game, but it's not a torn ACL."

I sighed in relief and kissed his cheek when I heard the news. He smiled as well and started to intensely watch the game. The game clock ran out and the Chiefs won 35-31. We cheered together and I kissed him before hugging him tighter.

"You're going to the Super Bowl, baby!"

"I can't believe it."

After The Super Bowl Game

I cheered on the field with some of my friends and Patrick's family since he just won his first-ever Super Bowl. He threw for 3 touchdowns and played a major role in bringing home a victory for us.

Everyone awed toward the middle of the field and I turned to see what was going on. I still couldn't see so Jackson led me over to the middle and I saw Patrick on one knee with a bouquet of flowers.

"You have been my biggest inspiration ever since we meet, Kayla. You push me to be better at everything. You are my best friend and the love of my life all in one. You've supported me through everything and I would have never been able to do something like winning the Super Bowl without you so, Kayla, will you marry me?"

Tears fell down my cheeks and I walked closer so I was right in front of him. I nodded and giggled as everyone cheered. He put the ring on my finger and I hugged him close to me despite how sweaty he currently was.

"I love you so much, Patrick."

"I love you more, baby."

I admired my ring for a while before pulling him into a kiss.

"Looks like we both got a ring."

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED! THIS WAS SUCH A CUTE LITTLE REQUEST TO WRITE. FOLLOW. COMMENT. VOTE. THIS WAS A LITTLE WEIRD, NOT GONNA LIE BECAUSE I HAVE STALKED HIS GF ON INSTA BEFORE LMAO. I THINK WRITING ABOUT ANYONE IN A RELATIONSHIP IS WEIRD BUT THIS IS FICTION SO WHATEVER. ANYWAY, HOPE YOU ENJOYED! I HAVE A MASON RUDOLPH ONE ON THE WAY BUT FELT UNCOMFORTABLE RELEASING IT SO SOON AFTER YESTERDAYS GAME< 3