Chapter 40

━━ ❛ i'm sorry ❜ ━━

"2 weeks is so long you don't even know

"2 weeks is so long you don't even know." Leedo grumbled out of sadness, lips formed into a full pout as he leaned against his palms sulkingly, watching little kids scream and play with each other in the park.

"I'm sure she's fine," Daeun chuckled, patting his shoulder as if it would suppress his bare sadness, "I bet she's thinking about you."

His lips rose into a subtle smile at that before dropping back down into a melancholy frown, "It's Japan- she must be having the time of her life there."

Daeun shrugged, wanting to agree because it's Eunha- she gets happy over the smallest things, "Be happy she's having fun idiot."

"But I want to know who she's having fun with," Leedo seered through gritted teeth, heart wrenching at the thought of another guy.

"You seriously don't think..." She cut herself off with a scoff, glaring into his dark orbs angrily as she grabbed both his shoulders, "Do you know what you're saying right now?"

"I know! You're probably thinking I'm being a paranoid prick for thinking that but I feel scared..." He trailed off, carefully pushing her arms off him as he turned back to the front, gazing at the green scenery that was emerald under the blazing sun.

Daeun sought in a grudging inhale, eyes flickering to his pale worried face to the sky that shone with a vibrant blue, bringing a sense of peace to the world around them.

"I know Eunha," She suddenly whispered in a soft tone, a honest smile making its way to her lips, "She won't be with another guy if she has you."

The sincerity in her voice even shocked her, she never thought she'd sound anything but jealous. It somewhat relieved her, is she finally moving on?

"Will there not be a point where she gets bored of me though?" He chuckled bitterly, fumbling with the rings on his fingers as he tried to not sound desperate, "We've been together for nearly 2 years now, what if she finds someone better in Japan?"

"To her," Daeun pondered for a second, "You're the light in her world."

Finally Leedo smiled, the warm genuine one he has that manages to captivate her senses every time.

His hand fell to his side as he leans backwards, his dark hair covering his eyes and the sun bathing itself into his flawless skin, almost glimmering.

"She's the light in my world too."

For two weeks Daeun went on with her usual routine, only this time there wasn't Eunha, just her, Leedo and Hwanwoong.