Chapter 92

"If you need me to pick you up, I will just drop me a call, even a message will do! I won't be busy, I swear!"

Daeun couldn't help but giggle at Lucas' visible panic, his hand wrapped around the steering with an iron grip that his knuckles were becoming increasingly pale. He was dramatically hyperventilating making Daeun lean forward, her head leaning to the side.

"I'll be fine you know, it's just Yeo." She flashed him her assuring smile, ruffling his usual messy black hair with pure comfort.

"I know but he's still a guy." Lucas pouted, his cuteness eliciting a light giggle from her. "Stop laughing!"

"I can't." She couldn't stop laughing after that, covering her face with her palms as Lucas watched her in absolute disbelief, his mouth hung open at her attitude with this very serious situation.

"Shut up already!"

"Okay okay, sorry Yukhei."

Lucas gasped at her, not sure if he should be even more shocked that her accent was completely wrong or the fact that she even addressed him by his real name. "It's Yukhei."

"Yukhei?" Daeun repeated with a sheepish smile, the name coming out as a question making Lucas chuckle. He nodded his head eagerly.

"But it's Lucas. And just Lucas."

"Why? I like Yukhei, it's cute."

Now Lucas had cracked a sheepish smile, his shrug fuelling Daeun's curiosity even more. "Being the new kid from Hong Kong with a name that didn't sound Korean wasn't all that fun."

Immediately Daeun got the hint. She remembers hearing from Taeyong how Lucas used to be the shy kid from Hong Kong, barely able to socialise with the Koreans here because he was… well Chinese. He was learning Korean bit by bit so no one wanted to be his friend at the time.

Until he had met Jiwoo. She was apparently friendly, helpful and most of all optimistic- shocking, Daeun knows. But she was Lucas' first friend and one that gave him hope.

And soon calm and composed Taeyong arrived, the three became the ultimate trio for a while until middle school.

Lucas had met other foreigners, Ten who was a proud Thai and Yuta who was also proud to be the "takiyoka prince" so he says. They met Yuta first; the intimidating transfer from Osaka which Jiwoo had easily befriended before breaking up in junior year for God knows what. Then unbothered Jaehyun and energetic Ten enters the group because of their closeness with Taeyong.

Thus they became the ultimate group.

"So you went with Lucas out of all names." Daeun snickered. "Yukhei is much cuter."

"No it's not. Shush."

"It is, periodt. Now before Yeosang screams at me for being late, bye." About to exit the males car, a hand on her arm halts from leaving.