Chapter 54

April 1st ━━ A Month After The Party  

heyy where r u?

i've been waiting for 10
mins now 😤🔪

Daeun huffed sulkingly, rocking her legs back and forth as she impatiently waited. Today was supposed to be a fun day- she was going to get Seonghwa's gift for his big 18th but she didn't want to go alone. Thus she invited the one and only-

"Yooo."

"You're late Lucas."

Daeun deadpanned, turning around to meet his mischievous gaze and his smug smirk. He wore an oversized white hoodie and navy trousers that were stylishly cuffed just above his ankles. Daeun simply nodded at him before turning back around, patting the space next to her.

"What's on today's agenda elsa?" He slid in beside her, arm bumping casually into her side as he etched the widest smile on his lips. Daeun just smiled at his brightness, finding his excitement rather cute.

"I need to buy a present for Seonghwa and I needed help s-"

"Seonghwa?" Lucas immediately gagged at the name, the glee in his eyes disappearing just at the mention of him.

He actually thought that maybe Daeun wanted to spend time with him and forget about that useless boyfriend of hers. Because of Seonghwa they haven't been the closest recently and it makes sense since they are dating and Seonghwa dislikes him to bits. Thus when she first texted him to come to the shopping centre he was over the moon! Excited and illuminating with joy, he came only to find out that they were hanging out because of Park Seonghwa.

Maybe next time he won't bring his hopes up.

Daeun frowned at his obvious pouting, "You can leave if you want to. I'll be fine, I just wanted some company… and maybe some opinions, that's all."

"So you need help on picking what to buy?"

"Yep."

"Not my ice queen elsa struggling to pick a gift," he covered his disappointment with a sky grin and Daeun scowled at the incompetent nickname, "and you asked me because…? Don't get me wrong I love you and all but Park Seonghwa? How are you so sure that I won't pick something rubbish for that bastard? You should've asked Yeosang to come with you or something."

"Please Yeosang was my plan," she sneered, "but he has been sort of distant lately, I don't know why though…" she trailed off, her forehead creasing as she tried to think of why? Did she do something to upset him?

Lucas gasped, arching a brow at the confused struck girl. "Do I smell beef?"

"We aren't fighting." She glowered at him and he put his hands up in surrender. "We just haven't been close lately that's all."