Chapter 28

━━ ❛ the past will always be
present in your mind ❜ ━━

"Hey just because I introduced the two of you to each other doesn't mean you can leave me out!" Daeun exclaims, forcefully linking both her arms with her two closest friends

A grin crept into her lips as both of them shake their heads enthusiastically.

"Nope never."

"You must be fucking dumb Daeun if you think I'd leave you!"

Daeun jerked up, beads of sweat forming on her forehead, tears glistening in her soft brown eyes. She let out forceful deep breaths, shakily looking around the room.

The tv was off as she leaned back on the sofa, the tears falling along her cheek and sliding off her jaw.

"What have you done Daeun?" She whispered to herself, the clear sorrow in her voice making her whimper as she tried to shut out the all too clear memories.

Memories that began to drown her into her pool of regret and anger.

Anger at herself.

"Daeun-ah!" The boy yelled out, halting abruptly, watching her as she sprinted out of the hallway, the rush of emotions swallowing her whole yet she didn't look back once, "We're sorry! We didn't know you'd be so hurt!"

"I'm sorry Daeun!" The girl shouted beside him, not realising the amount of pain she's putting her best friend through, "Lets talk it out! Please!"

【➠】

"I feel like a third wheel." Daeun deadpanned, eyes burning into the two who became a bit too cosy next to each other.

"Sorry." They both murmured apologetically as Daeun eyes remained on their entwined hands that fitted way too perfectly.

Oh how jealous she felt was beyond words.

She sighs, what was she thinking? Leaning closer to them, she smiled almost sheepishly, "No don't be. I'm being the bitchy one so I'm sorry."

【➠】

"Are you stupid! Why?! Why would you do that to him?!" Daeun shouted at her as mounts of emotions swirl in her. Her best friend stood there, on the brink of tears.