Chapter 45

A week

A week. That's how long it's been since they've sort of moved in. And everyday is getting harder and harder for Seonghwa.

For starters, he has to travel over a mile to get to school and so he has to wake up earlier than usual- which is getting more annoying each day. Then there's his mum who's on medication 24/7. The after effects of the medicine makes her weary and much more exhausted than how she usually is, and he doesn't know if he should be worried or not.

Then there's his father who dropped by once, just to drop off more luggage and items, and he hasn't called since then.

Seonghwa scoffed to himself, family problems huh, staring into the smooth mirror, he hopelessly struggled to adjust his tie that wasn't coming together. He fumbled with the soft material continuously, before letting out a frustrated sigh, throwing it across the room.

Staying at the hospital wasn't as bad as he thought it would be, he has his own room, bathroom and tv, mostly because on the floor he stays on wasn't occupied by many cancer patients- stomach cancer is rare so it makes sense.

A pout forms on his lips as he eyes the undone tie that was thrown on his messy bed. Just another day where he felt the tempting offer of wanting to scream for absolutely no reason.

The knocking on his door pushes out his thoughts, his gaze darting to the other side of the room.

"Mars? You in there honey?" Jihye called out quietly, her usual confident and cheerful voice was now uneasy and off-tone causing a bitter smile to make its way to his thin lips.

"Yeah mum." He answered, "Come in."

The door was slowly pushed open and in came his mother, a soft smile on her rubescent lips, "Hongjoong is waiting for you downstairs."

"Oh..." He trailed off, grabbing his navy tie and immediately it was snatched by his mother, a grin on her face.

"Don't tell you still don't know how to tie your tie Seonghwa." She arched a cocky brow, waiting for his response that was nothing but a sheepish chuckle, "I- what will you do without me hm."

He didn't answer as she looped the material around his collar, with her eyes squinting, she began to tie it as Seonghwa watched wordlessly, a happy smile tugging on the corner of his lips, he watched as she effortlessly finished it with a pat on his shoulder.

"See not that hard is it?" Jihye stared up at him, her high pitched giggle making Seonghwa pout, he pulled her into a short lived hug.

His tall figure loomed over her fragile form, his arms tightening around her back out of fear.

what will he do without her?

"Get going now honey, Hongjoong is waiting for you." She chuckled lightly, caressing his back slowly before he finally pulled away. Flashing one last smile, Seonghwa left the room without another word.