Chapter 24

A faint knock on the door pulls Daeun towards it, sighing in relief seeing Seonghwa leaned against the frame rather sexily

For once he's on time.

Yanking him inside, she closes it softly, yelling, "Quickly! They're gonna call any second!"

The weekend had settled in, so Daeun's parents texted saying they wanted to meet her so called ‘friend boy’ that she apparently spent Christmas with.

"You are so unbelievable." Seonghwa glowers, slumped on the sofa, "You didn't even tell them we're dating."

"That's because I'll tell them today." Daeun scowls, folding Seonghwa's sleeves up to his elbows so he looks more casual, "Now my dad is a bit erm dramatic but just smile and talk." She grins, lightly slapping his cheeks making him pout.

"You are still so fucking unbelievable."
"Whatever- shit, They're calling. Act natural!"

Abruptly pushing Seonghwa to the side, she picks up the call, etching a wide smile on her lips, "Hello!"

"Hey honey." Both her parents say in unison, her dad leaning closer to the screen, "Is he there?"

Seonghwa's breath caught his throat, hearing the seriousness drip from her father's deep tone. And let's not forget he's also an ex army officer, even thinking about it makes shivers run down his spine.

"Erm yeah." She answered, glancing at her boyfriend she sighs, now staring into her knees, "Guys I um I have something to tell you."

"My baby's dating aren't you?"

Jerking her head up, Daeun's eyes widened as shock reflected off her gleaming eyes.

Her mother smirks mischievously as if the answer was placed directly in her hands.

Seonghwa flinched at her words, her parents are smarter than he thought. About to shuffle closer, Daeun places an arm on his thigh, warning him to stay away.

Her dad's not going to be so happy.

As her dad gasps horrified by his wife's sudden claim, he stammers out, "No no no- Daeun tell her she's wrong honey."

Sighing again, Daeun shook her head slowly making her mother squeal, yanking her husband into a reluctant hug, he doesn't even move a muscle.

"Our baby's dating! Finally, she's in love!"
"I'm gonna cry..."

Hearing her mother babble on in happiness somehow bought an elated smile to Daeun's lips, she made them happy after so long.

She forcefully pulls Seonghwa next to her, linking an arm with him, she grins as Seonghwa bows in respect, "Hello, I'm Park Seonghwa it's nice to finally meet you."

"Finally? How long have you been hiding this gentleman for Daeun-ah." Her mum smirks, wriggling her eyebrows teasingly.

"Nearly 2 months..."

As her father's eyes pierced coldly into Seonghwa's doe ones, he gulps feeling the unfriendly vibe radiating off him.

"So Park Seonghwa huh?" Her father scoffs, crossing his arms over his chest as Seonghwa gulps again, "Whatever you say or do to my daughter that hurts her I will go hunt you myself and-"

"Dad!" Daeun exclaims, arms protectively wrapping around Seonghwa who's frozen in horror, her dad's scary? No that's an understatement.

"Honey you're scaring him!"

"Good let's scare him off before he does anything that gets me involved."

"Ignore him Seonghwa." Her mother chuckles, watching off her husband who looks away with clenched teeth as a warm smile captivates her soft lips, "Just promise me whatever happens that you will never ever wrongfully break her heart."

Despite him frowning at how serious her mother suddenly sounded, he nods and the words poured out of his mouth almost willingly, "I promise I won't."

He knows he's lying.
And deep down he wishes he wasn't.

Daeun grins against his chest, listening to the honesty and sincerity in his voice, it just brightened her world.

Seonghwa smiles, head resting on top of hers making her dad smile for a second before it removes in an instant.

"Park Seonghwa, you better remember that promise you just made."

aren't promises meant to be broken?