Chapter 77

❛ i wanna be your king of hearts
just let me be your king of hearts

"Exams are finally over! I feel free!" Lucas screamed out of relief, throwing his arms in the air as he ran down the empty tracks, screaming absolute gibberish

"Lucas!" Daeun laughed while also yelling his name, both their certificates clutched safely in her hands as she follows after him, her stomach beginning to ache out of her undying laughter.

"I feel free!" He screamed again, a victorious fist in the air.

"Lucas! You annoying brat, slow down!" Daeun called once more through her high-pitched laughter, joyful tears starting to blur her eyesight while her knees began to buckle bellow her.

Suddenly she dropped to the ground, bare knees scraping against the grainy texture, palms flat against the coldness of it, she just couldn't stop laughing at his childish antics.

He kept on screaming incoherent mumbo jumbo while jumping up and down and running down the empty track, the sun setting ahead of them. It was 6pm and they had finally finished their last exam- chemistry which was a shame because it was a shitty subject. But in the long run, after all those endless hours of tiring revision and boring lessons, it was all finally worth it. Now here they were 'throwing a quick celebration'

"Wong Yukhei!" Daeun shouted, happy tears dribbling down her cheeks like there was no tomorrow. She has finally gotten through the nerve wrecking exams with Lucas by her side.

She sniffled a bit, turning around so that her back was flat against the chilly ground. An exasperated exhale slipped past her lips, resting her hands behind her head, she gazed up at the endless canvas of blue above her, creating a darkening river of beauty that reflected her inner peace.

Well that's until a familiar face and a mop of frizzy blond hair invades her eyesight.

Immediately Daeun springs up, her forehead smacking hardly into his.

"Ow!"
"Fuck!"

The two yelled out at the same time, rubbing their foreheads vigorously. Seonghwa towered over Daeun's body, eyes painfully squeezed shut while muttering profanities.

"Why do you always scare me?!" She screamed, scrambling onto her wobbly feet. She wasn't going to apologise for head butting him because well he deserved it.

If anything, she should've done it harder.

"Oh I'm sorry! It's not my fault you don't look before slamming foreheads with someone!" Seonghwa screamed back with the same hostility.

Daeun snarled, her palm pressed over her throbbing forehead as she looked up to meet his stormy eyes, the darkness wanting to suck her into his oblivion. She shook away the disturbing thought and tip toed to see over his shoulder, searching for Lucas who had his back facing them, all the way on the other side of the track- talking to who seemed like Jiwoo.