Chapter 1

First days of school aren't the best, especially in Daeun's case

She's moved from Incheon to Seoul for only a year in the middle of autumn, and with only one year of high school left, meaning there is no doubt that she will be questioned.

First day of school wish me luck!!

Being the only child of average earning parents, Daeun wasn't seen as spoilt but rather quiet and discreet.

However, that all changed.
All because of her mistake.

Sighing, she slipped on her earphones silently, making her way down the pathway to school, sipping her hot chocolate along the way.

Fear and worry overwhelmed her, bringing her into a series of thoughts. What if she ends up being friends with a troublemaker?

Or worse, alone.

The thought scared her, the feeling of being all on her own already scarred her.

The cold autumn breeze blows past her, scattering the pool of leaves in random directions as she shivered, her face starting to feel numb.

However that's not the only thing, a group of boys wearing the same uniform run past her, ignoring the petite girl as they laughed, pushing each other jokingly.

The tall one with wavy blonde hair, his eyes gleaming in amusement, shoves past her as she immediately stumbled forwards, dropping her hot chocolate in the process.

The hot liquid spills onto the ground but not onto her, thankfully but the smile on her face twists into an angry expression, she glares up at the boy who hasn't even noticed.

"Thanks." She grumbled sarcastically, walking around the pool of brown delight as a bitter sigh leaves her lips remembering her dad's words, "Don't cause trouble, especially not on the first day."

[ ]

Entering the school hesitantly, her body trembling at the thought of introducing herself, she instantly notices the reception, waddling there as she snatches her earphones out, shoving them into the inside of her blazer pocket.

She stood in front of the receptionist who seems to be scowling at her arrogantly as she talks, "Hello! I'm Bae Daeun, I just transferred from Incheon central high to Seoul today."

"Ah Bae Daeun." The lady repeats mockingly, Daeun's lips etching into a small frown, "You're in homeroom C-5 here's your timetable, go upstairs to the second floor and you'll find your room there."

"Thank you." She smiles, the lady humming in response as she internally sighs. She wasn't feeling very welcomed.

With a huff, she wanders to the second floor through the middle staircase- taking slow and deliberate steps.