Chapter 3

After school

After school

"See you later Jiwoo." Daeun grins, waving at her enthusiastically as Jiwoo keeps on her blank face, already walking in the opposite direction with her headphones on.

Letting out a half hearted chuckle, Daeun strode down the streets, pulling out her phone.

the first day of hell has ended
call you guys later

mum
Make sure to eat,
clean your room or better
yet clean the whole place!

don't worry i'll do all
that 😩

dad
Call your cousin she's
been asking about you.

errr i'll see

A smile appears on her face as she continues walking to the bus stop while rereading the messages. However that smile abruptly leaves when she see Seonghwa leaning on the bus stop, a smile on his face, waving at her.

Even the smallest things he does means he's playing you

Jiwoo's voice repeats in Daeun's head as she looks away. Pushing past him in pure silence, she sat on the bench awkwardly, glancing around everywhere but his eyes. Seonghwa stood still, his eyes piercing into the back of her head.

"Ya Bae."

Daeun instantly whipped around to him, glaring at the boy who's smiling like a maniac, "Don't call me Bae."

"Now I want to call you it more." He grins cockily, taking his phone out and checking the time, "Isn't your bus supposed to be here?"

"Stalker much." Daeun scoffs, checking the time on her phone as she peered down the road, muttering, "What do you want?"

"You." He answers smoothly, making Daeun stare at him in utter bewilderment. Who the hell does he think he is?

Something clicked within her as she says loudly, annoyance dripping off her voice, "Go hang out with Seyeon."

An amused chuckle escapes his as he walks to the space next to her, straight away sitting. Their knees brushed for a second before immediate discomfort shot through Daeun as she shuffled away effortlessly.

He smirks throwing his head backwards as he closes his eyes, "Me and Seyeon? Nah I got my eyes on another girl."

"Oh really." Daeun mumbled uninterestedly, pulling out her zip card as her bus drove down to the stop, "Good luck to her I guess."