Chapter 118

"Okay so how about I take your dad out to this-"

"One joke and you're besties all of a sudden?"
Daeun raised a brow at the sheepish boy striding beside her, doubt running through her veins. After meeting in real life, Seonghwa and her dad were practically inseparable. In all honesty, she was stunned. Her dad has expressed his dislike for the boy even while they were dating- for taking his baby away from him. But now…

He's acting as if he never said that.

"Don't tell me you're jealous." Seonghwa taunted as they walked towards their homeroom, wriggling his brows at her teasingly.

"No but you will be because I'll get lonely and then I'd probably go to hang out with Lucas."

"Wow damn, you're another level of petty Bae." Seonghwa fake sobbed, bringing his hand up to his eyes to wipe off the invisible tears rolling down his face. Daeun only rolls her eyes at him before entering their homeroom, her straight faced expression turning to a grin after she spots a familiar Japanese male sitting at the back of the room, glaring at the pair's entrance.

"Yutaaa." She quickly skips over to the boy, him narrowing his eyes at her suspiciously while she smiles like there's no tomorrow.

"Respectfully, don't smile. You look like Pennywise."

"Don't disrespect Pennywise like that you bastard."

"Who said I give a fuck?" Yuta scowled as she sits down next to him with an endearing smile. His stomach lurched with disgust. "I'm guessing walking with Seonghwa every single day of your miserable life makes you… happy." He shivered at the word, unconsciously wrapping his arms around himself, earning a glare from her.

"We were literally fighting on the way in, I don't know what you're saying."

"Ah the infamous bickering… and then you probably made up with a few kisses."

Daeun pressed her lips together, not wanting to snap at his ignorance. "I really need to find you someone."

Yuta only scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest as he looks at her with a look that intimidates all. "The concept of love is horrifying as it is, don't even try to find anyone for me."

"How is it horrifying asshole?" She grumbled, twirling a strand of her hair around her fingers- the blond subtly beginning to fade into its natural black.

"Because sweetheart, love means falling for someone so deeply that you would do anything for them. And when I say anything I mean anything. It practically brainwashes you into doing anything you want for that person, just to make them happy-even if means dying for them… and then you're finally rewarded with them breaking your heart. I definitely won't turn into that person, no fucking way. That's basically signing up for a lifetime of depression."

Daeun was driven speechless for a moment- seeing the pout formed on his lips, she couldn't tell if he purely being amusing or serious. It was hard to read his expressions, he sounds so amused but looks so serious and passionate about his opinion.

Awkwardly, her hand pats his back.

"I'm sure it won't be depressing…"

He chuckled deeply, slowly tilting his head to the side while a fake, toothy smile etched widely across his lips. "Shall I really remind you of the time Seonghwa broke up with you?"

Ouch. "You little shit, I've changed. I won't ever cry over you males again." #speakingfromtheheart

"Yeah yeah, whatever you say." He leans into his cross arms, laying against his desk tiredly. It's been a long long week. "So how long are your parents staying for anyways?"

Daeun shrugged. "Probably up until graduation. After that, I don't know… I'll probably head back to Incheon."

Yuta quickly jerks up, taking Daeun by surprise as she quickly jolts away at the sudden movement. His head snaps to her, a deathly look igniting in his eyes.

"You're moving back there?"

She slowly nods, confused by the reaction he was giving her. "Staying here wasn't a permanent thing you know…"

Coming to Seoul to finish off high school was definitely an exciting experience, an opportunity she'll probably never get again. Though it was practically a roller coaster ride, she made a lifetime of friends. Some of which she'll stay in touch with even after she moves back.

"What about uni here, aren't you going to stay?"

"Just say you want me to stay Yuta." Daeun boastfully flipped her hair to the side, tease drenching her light tone.

"No."

"Suddenly I'm happy going back."

Yuta hummed, a ghost of a smile on his rigid lips. "Have you told Seonghwa?"

Now it was her turn to hum. "Well… sort of but not really, you know? I mean, he knows that I just came here for a year, just to get away, fix myself up and get high school finished so I'm not a wreck for uni but other than that, we haven't really talked about me moving back…" Daeun thoughtfully responded, tapping the back of her neck with the pad of her fingers as her eyes subconsciously drift to the said boy. He was laughing with his friends, not giving a care about the world around him.

She smiled.

"Whatever though, it's an hour's drive from here to Incheon anyway. He can visit me all the time- you and everyone else included too."

There was going to be little distance between them anyway- only an hour's worth. It won't be much different… hopefully it wouldn't be.

"Who says I'm going to visit you…?"

"Me and everyone who's reading this damn book." She seethed through gritted teeth, irritation spewing from her tone eliciting a sharp glare from him.

And finally, Mrs Anh walks in with a bright and cheerful smile etched across her red-stained lips.

"Good morning everyone!"

Everyone mumbles a small good morning- the evident tiredness after a stressful week and rather short weekend noticeable on their tired faces. Mrs Ahn only smiles wider, standing behind her desk with racks of brown envelopes stacked in her hands.

"I am proud of every single one of you in this room for making it up to here and for finally completing the trials that were the very sole reason for you being here day and… day." She cleared her throat awkwardly, earning languid laughs from few. "But I just wanted to say, after four years of teaching all of you every morning, I really enjoyed it all.

It has been a ride and this week, by Friday, you will all be attending your graduation ceremony where you will be given your diplomas and those who get scholarships and such will be announced then! Good luck!"

no because the ateez scandals
have got me rollinggg

HWA AND SOOBIN SCANDAL 😭💀