Chapter 38

━━ ❛ sometimes people react too late ❜ ━━

Summer had arrived quicker than expected, the school year has almost ended, just a couple more weeks then it's holidays and soon they would be into their second year of high school; it's beyond crazy

So much has changed, Leedo has grown way taller and his voice deeper than the pits of hell, Daeun doesn't know how many times she's had a heart attack because of that. Eunha is now seen as the "class clown" she's grown popular and has almost instantly fitted in, but she's going to drag Daeun in with her.

Hwanwoong also has grown closer to Daeun, the two would be seen laughing and chatting to each other whenever but Daeun has her eyes set on Leedo.

She's going to do her best to win him over.

"Hey!" A loud shriek dispersed Daeun's thoughts, her head immediately snaps towards the doorway only to see Eunha's grinning face, "Meet me at the library after class!"

She nodded with a heartfelt smile as Eunha giggled, running off to her next class making Daeun chuckle, leaning against her chair, her eyes fluttering closed tiredly, it's been one heck of a day.

Soon Hwanwoong hurried in, flinching at the loud talking and laughing in the class, he slid into his seat besides Daeun making her groan loudly, "Are you sleeping?"

"What do you think?" 

"No." He sighed, slapping his books and folders onto the table, Daeun jolted up at the hollering sound, eyes slitting into the side of his head, already feeling annoyed with his presence.

"So Gunhak." He grinned, wriggling his brows at her as if he wanted to pester her. She groaned at his name, dropping back down at her desk, "He's free today you know."

"And?" She hissed, acting like she did not give a shit when in fact she wants to know more, "What do you want me to do?"

He cleared his throat before leaning in towards her, his voice barely above a whisper, "He's going to be alone in the dance room."

Daeun froze at his words, shivers running down her still spine as she tried to gulp down the opaque lump that was wedged in her throat, "O-ok and what?"

"What do you mean 'and what'?!" Hwanwoong scoffed, a tone of irritation swaying off his tongue as he tried to not snap at the poor girl, "This your chance- go for it before someone else does."

"But I might fuck it up," She complained, "He probably doesn't feel the same way either!"

"Doesn't matter." Hwanwoong stated, his voice holding sympathy yet seriousness for the love-driven girl, "You gotta seize the opportunity."

"But-"

"I'd rather have you heartbroken than stressing 24/7 over a guy who doesn't even know your feelings exist." Hwanwoong added cheerfully, ignoring Daeun's jaw that falls wide open, "So no buts and go spill your stupid feelings."