Chapter 71

"Just say the word and I'll jump hi- actually you know what I don't care, I am going to give him double the amount of bruises Yuta gave

"Just say the word and I'll jump hi- actually you know what I don't care, I am going to give him double the amount of bruises Yuta gave." Lucas growled.

After hearing what Seonghwa had said to Daeun, Lucas was angry. Seonghwa has no right to be running after Daeun again, he won't let the same thing happen to her a second time around.

What kind of person would he be if he allowed it?

"You're acting like I'm going to date him again." Daeun grumbled, eyeing the chalky sky with pure frustration in her eyes. She did not enjoy being treated like a child, clearly. "And no you're not jumping him."

"Why not?!" Lucas screamed, standing in front of her with his own frustration as he began to walk backwards, eyes still locked on hers. "How can you not see it Daeun?! He want you back God damnit!"

"Lucas shut it and walk properly before you trip." Daeun deadpanned, too exhausted to be arguing about this again. "My shift starts in 20 minutes so I'm just going to go straight there. You don't need to drop me off today."

He didn't answer and continued walking by her side.

"Are you really sulking about him?"

Again, he didn't answer.

"Lucas?"

Daeun called, turning to the side with her gaze fixated on him. Again she was dawned with the familiar silence. She sighed tiredly, slipping her hand out of her pocket and hesitantly wrapping it around one of his fingers.

His mind went blank for a second, completely blank.

Never in a million years would he think that Bae Daeun would even hold hands with him- it was always him that did it, he was the clingy and desperate one.
But now that she was holding onto him, an ecstatic feeling spread through his body like wildfire, his mind plagued by her gentle touch that brought hyper butterflies to his stomach.

He tried to cover his erratic smile with a blank face- which was considerably easy because she too avoided his eyes, her own cheeks flaming with a pink colour.

Was this it?

Was this his moment to say what he's been feeling for a long time?

He slowly turned to her and as though she was telepathic, she also turned to him, halting in their walk, their quiet breaths being the only thing that made his heart beat achingly. They stared into each other's eyes like there was no tomorrow.

Her doe eyes, filled with innocence and naivety gazed into his aimlessly, almost confused with the sudden stare. Lucas could feel his heart race out of anxiety and fear but also adrenaline, his hand unconsciously shaking in hers.

He was going to do it.

"Daeun I-"

"Lucas!"