Chapter 105

" how much longer are we going to
ignore the bitter beats of our longing hearts? "

A couple of days pass by and this time, Daeun was in solitary. Barely communicating, she solely focused all her energy on practice. Practice, practice, practice. Yuta and Yeosang would be the ones to approach her, yet even so, she barely stayed around them.

Surprisingly, Seonghwa wasn't seen anywhere.

She assumed he had taken a couple of days off; typical Seonghwa really, always skipping school and never thinking about himself. Nevertheless, she unconsciously began to think of him at the most random times. Was he okay? That question remained prominent in her mind.

Daeun sighed hopelessly, hands falling limp against her cello, tired eyes flickering at the clock glued against the wall, 5pm. 15 minutes till school closes.

Exhausted, that's what Daeun was as she got up, not wanting more than to get home and crash into her bed. With her cello in it's case, she slips it through her arms and onto her back, all while carelessly moving down to the empty hallway.

It was well past school hours and no one was seen around in the eerily quiet corridors nor the small music classrooms. It was like a ghost town, quiet yet undeniably creepy.

Daeun shuddered as she trudged past the closed lockers, eyes wide and alert, she observed her surroundings cautiously. There was no one. As she makes her way outside of the music block, she halts abruptly, tensing.

Music. Someone was playing music.

She slowly and carefully turned her head to the side, subtle panic clenching her insides. The music was muffled behind a closed door yet she could recognise the soft melody and harmonic sorrow to it, save me by bts.

She wanted to walk away quietly and just get home but then again, whoever it was, it was the moral thing to inform them that school was going to close soon.

With hesitant footsteps, Daeun neared the closed door, gaze darting all over the narrow room. She couldn't see who was inside the dance studio, could it be some silly freshman stirring up some trouble? Or a senior who was relentlessly practicing for the dance scholarship?

A shaky exhale departed from her mouth, her fingers slowly entwining around the handle and without another thought, she pushed it open.

"Sorry erm but school's about to clo-" her mouth instantly closed when she saw the familiar mop of frizzy blond, and the large studio mirror that reflected his flawless face as he gradually stopped his movements- beads of sweat dripping down the side of his head.

But what confused her was the blindfold accentuated over his eyes that was soon ripped off, revealing the familiar storm in his eyes.

"Sorry I didn't see you in here..." Daeun awkwardly explained, averting her gaze elsewhere but him. He stood there, back to her with his eyes staring at her through the mirror, a playful smile enticing his lips.