Chapter 9

"You didn't need to do that

"You didn't need to do that." Daeun whispers, feeling the judging stares pierce into her as her head remains low.

"That ball would've hit you square on the face Bae." Seonghwa chuckles, watching the next team play against Seyeon's.

Their pe lesson is finally coming to an end, Daeun and Seonghwa are watching from the end of the bench. Just by themselves while everyone else is talking and cheering for the teams playing.

"Seyeon already hates me and now I- you just made her hate me even more." She grumbles, looking away from her glare that's set on her, "Great now everyone's going to be talking about it."

"Let them." Seonghwa comments- unbothered, Daeun looks at him in incredulity yet he just winks at her mischievously.

"Go get changed class is over!" Mr Gwan announces as Daeun immediately leaves Seonghwa's side and instead becomes drawn to Somin.

"Hwaeun?" Somin asks curiously, walking into the room with a confused look.

"That's disgusting, and we are never going to happen."

As Somin and Daeun argue about ship names, Seyeon walks over to hed, her lips curled into a smirk and her eyes glowing wickedly.

"Bae Daeun this is the last time I'm saying this so listen carefully. Stay away from Seonghwa if you know what's best for you." Seyeon says threateningly and somehow mockingly, as she nudges Daeun's shoulder repeatedly, the laughter and chatting suddenly dying down as everyone turns their attention to the pair, "Otherwise I'm going to have to get involved alright?"

Scoffing, Daeun removes her hand away from her in one swift movement, this time she's not allowing anyone to trample over her, "Look Seyeon, me and Seonghwa aren't going to become anything I'll assure you that."

For a few seconds the girls were all shocked, she could even feel Somin jump at that. However Seyeon smiles, not the nice kind, "Don't give me that bullshit Daeun you clearly like him too much to let him go so let's save the heartbreak for later and just stay way from him. That's all I'm saying."

Seyeon turns around and leaves the room along with her group of friends as Daeun let out the breath she's been holding in.

She definitely feels more than pissed.

Quickly getting changed into her school uniform while repeatedly assuring Somin that she's alright, Daeun finally hurled on her bag, leaving the room and into the corridor, shoving her tie into her blazer pocket.

She felt so enraged, who does she think she is? Her mind or hands wasn't cooperating with her as she barged past Seonghwa who instantly became confused by the lack of communication.

And that's when a hand grabs her wrist.

Seonghwa reaches for Daeun's wrist, she seemed off and angry to him. Looking up at him in shock, her face grew angry as she tries to pry her wrist out of his arm.

"I don't have time for you." Daeun says to Seonghwa who just chuckles and let's go of her.

About to walk away, Seonghwa suddenly calls, "You dropped your tie!"