Chapter 20

warning; triggering scenes ahead such as self harm. mature/serious topics such as depression will be faintly indicated as well.

reader discretion advised.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Daeun stood perched on her balcony, leaning her elbows on it, face sinking into her hands that cupped around her ice cold cheeks

Daeun stood perched on her balcony, leaning her elbows on it, face sinking into her hands that cupped around her ice cold cheeks. She didn't know what was wrong with her but she felt angry, angry at herself.

This whole holiday she felt so happy and so alive, after such a long time. Sadly it's coming to an end as they're back to school tomorrow.

She felt like gagging as she stared up at the starless night sky, she doesn't deserve this happiness or any of this unwanted attention.

Not after all the grief she caused.
She's a monster.

Head snapping to the side, she abruptly went back into her room, slamming the door shut to prevent the cold wind from entering.

Walking over to her chest draws, with trembling hands she slowly pulled a draw out and there laid a small bag full of razors.

Her hands twitched as she took one out carefully, who knew such a small yet dangerous object would soothe her pain. A pain that deepened within time that it soon became too unbearable to withstand.

She drew the razor up to eye line, examining it and tears gathered in the corner of her eyes. Months ago she promised her parents that she would give up but she lied. She wasn't the honest girl she was nearly a year ago.

The girl she once was doesn't even exist to her anymore, she instead become the opposite of that.

Hiding her pain from the world, concealing the faded scars that hid under her sleeves, secrets the lurked behind her heart ready to jump out. This is the thing she has become.

Finally she bought down the sharp object, biting her lip from crying aloud she pressed it against her wrist, ready to slowly drag it off her soft and tender skin that would let blood drip from it.

However the loud ringing of her phone made the razor drop from her fingertips, it falling to the floor with a light clank.

A split second later and her wrist would've trickled with a crimson liquid.

Shaking herself up, she pulled her phone out of her pocket. HWA❤

"H-Hey." Her voice came out as quiet and wavering, Daeun shutting her eyes in subtle frustration. Can't she get anything right for once.

On the other side of the line, Seonghwa sat at his desk while Hongjoong and Yunho sat talking on his bed. He frowned at the way she sounded like she was crying, how her voice quivered, "Hey Bae, you ok?"

"Of course I am." Daeun chuckles almost sarcastically, tucking her hair behind her ear, she brings a hand up to her tear stained cheers, rubbing it into her skin roughly.

"You don't sound ok." Seonghwa mumbles as Hongjoong and Yunho now snap their heads to him, curious to what's going on.

"Seonghwa I err- I need to go, I love you." Before he could say anything else Daeun had already hung up as she now snatched the razor from the floor, gazing at it once more before she chucked it into the draw, not sparing a second glance.

"What's up with her?" Yunho asks uninterestedly, watching Seonghwa silently stare at the dark screen of his phone, he exchanged a look with Hongjoong who sighs.

"Is she ok?"

"I have no fucking idea." Seonghwa mutters, grasping his phone tenaciously.

Wondering if he should just go over to check, he poked his tongue in his cheek. She has no one to come check up on her but it's past 11pm.

"Maybe it's that time of the month for her." Yunho joked around, wriggling his brows at Hongjoong, he immediately slapping his arm, glaring at him to shut up.

Seonghwa shrugs, truth is he doesn't know what's going on with her most of the time.

A knock on the door dispersed the tension in the room as Seonghwa's step mother entered the room, a smile etched on her face, "Boys your taxi has arrived."

"That was quick." Hongjoong chuckles until Yunho nudges his hip, giving a faint nod towards Seonghwa who's sharp glare remained on her. Clearing his throat they both say in unison, "See you later Hwa."

Seonghwa didn't say anything as they left the room, a blank look displayed on his step mothers face before exiting the room.

"Fucking bitch." He grumbles after hearing the door slam shut, he grabs his phone and presses on the snapchat icon.

Bae 😙
i'll pick u up tmrw
ily

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

depression has always been something i'm serious about, i've seen the impacts it's had on my friends and family, and it shouldn't make anyone look at you differently because of it.

my pms r always open
if u wanna talk luvs <3