Chapter 102

"What's with her?"

"What's with her?"

"I don't know."

"Why is she so damn quiet?"

"I don't know."

"Did something happen over the weekend?"

"I don't know!" Lucas snapped, immediately being slapped on the back of his head, courtesy of Yuta who hissed at his aggression.

"Go talk to her then, idiot."

Lucas hesitantly watched as Daeun lifelessly pressed the buttons of the vending machine, her face black of any sort of emotion. He sighed before wordlessly getting up and walking to the female, shunning Yuta who sighed in relief as soon as he was gone.

Daeun needs to talk to Lucas. And what better way to do that than forcing them together?

Lucas' heart was beating furiously fast just at the sight of her. After their date last weekend they've barely been able to hang out, did he go wrong somewhere? Was she annoyed? What if she leaves him-

"Do you want anything Yukhei?" Daeun asked quietly, carelessly gesturing to the filled machine, not even throwing a brief glance at him as he stood only inches away- gulping at the sound of her monotone voice. Maybe she was pissed at him.

Lucas shook his head, awkwardly standing behind the girl as she leaned down to pick up her coffee- the obvious tire showing in her snail-like movements.

"Are you okay elsa?"

Daeun recoiled momentarily, feeling his chin lightly dig into her shoulder, the sad pout on his lips growing bigger as he stared at her.

No I'm not okay, I feel like shit because of how I'm about to hurt you and how I'm hurting him.

"I'm okay, just a bit tired." She mumbled her lie with such honeyed ease as she teared away from him, flashing him a small smile. It wasn't a complete lie though, she was awfully exhausted, desperate to lie down and fall into a deep and endless slumber. But no, she just had to be a light sleeper who was also contaminated with such stinging anxiety.

"Is it because of your exam?" Lucas asked with blatant worry laced in his tone, earning a half-decent chuckle from Daeun.

"Partly."

Not even slightly.

"It's going to be okay, you'll do well, I just know it." He assured, grinning brightly.

Daeun nodded reluctantly, honestly not holding much confidence but oh well, whatever happens happens. She gently pokes her straw into her iced latte, pushing her arm out- beckoning him to link his arm with hers and he carelessly does so, yanking her in his direction.

Daeun harshly swallowed at the violent pull, glaring at him as he sheepishly smiles, faintly shrugging. "Idiot." She grumbled before sipping on her beverage.