Chapter 114

Seonghwa was grinning as he dragged Daeun further into the amusement park, the colourful bright lights clearer under the fading golden sun and the sight of large, exciting rides welcoming them

Seonghwa was grinning as he dragged Daeun further into the amusement park, the colourful bright lights clearer under the fading golden sun and the sight of large, exciting rides welcoming them. He couldn't help but grin even more widely in her direction, instantly being met with her toothy smile and her hand squeezing his.

"So which one shall we go on first? That one or that one?" The first option he pointed at was a very very large ride with countless loops and higher drops while the second was those rides you sit on that shoot up before falling back down. Her heart fails at the very sight.

"Erm…" Daeun hesitated, her eyes quickly running over the other and less scary rides. "How about the bumper cars?" She sheepishly grinned, gesturing to the cute cars bumping carelessly into each other- filled with uniformed teens and squealing couples.

Seonghwa wailed despairingly. "But the big rides are more fun!" As he looked at her with the same despair, he noticed something different in her face. He stared at her for moments, narrowing his eyes at her. "Don't tell me you're… scared?"

Bae Daeun was a lot of things but being scared was certainly not one of them. And certainly not of amusement park rides.

Daeun huffed, yanking her hand out of Seonghwa's hold irritatedly. "No! I'm not!" Yes, she was. But will she let him know? No. Why? Because Park Seonghwa will probably make fun of her and tease her about it for the rest of her life. So no. Never.

"Perfect! Then let's go." He grinned practically from ear to ear as he skips away to the first ride he motioned to.

Daeun stands there, eyes wide and reluctance clear in her clenched fists. It was the largest roller coaster in the fair, with too many drops to count and loops that will definitely make her puke mid-air. She is, in simple terms, petrified of roller coasters and anything that basically lifted off the ground at a fast speed with high chances of death.

But will she left him in on that? No.

She inhaled a long breath before jogging after him.

"We look sort of… over dressed." Daeun grumbled as she walks beside Seonghwa who still was in the black turtleneck and red, velvet trousers. While she, she looked pure in her white, ruffled dress that reached just above her knees. The square shaped neck exposed her defined collarbone, her milky skin shining under the golden sun. Her smooth, shiny arms were completely exposed, the short puffed sleeves doing little to cover her shoulders.

It was as though the devil and the angel were standing next to each other.

"And what? We look good." Seonghwa rolled his eyes playfully, grinning, finally standing in the long line for the ride. Daeun narrows her eyes at him.

"Not the point I was trying to make future CEO Park."

Seonghwa groaned at the title, not liking the way it easily rolled off her tongue with such honeyed tease. "Don't."