Chapter 113

Utter panic grasped onto Daeun, her composed exterior beginning to fall apart like mere building blocks as she patiently waits for Seonghwa outside the school gates

Utter panic grasped onto Daeun, her composed exterior beginning to fall apart like mere building blocks as she patiently waits for Seonghwa outside the school gates. She basically asked him out. And so simply she might add.

Her back stayed pressed against the cold metal of the gate, doe eyes locked on her white jordans. Seonghwa will definitely and smugly ask why she wanted to suddenly go on a date with him- no question about it.

But the thing is, this time, she can finally give him an answer.

The distinct sound of footsteps linger closer to her and Daeun inhales a long, shaky breath, immediately recognising who it was.

Let the night commence.

Crossing her arms over her chest, Daeun cocked her head to the side as a grinning Seonghwa confidently walks to her, melanin skin practically shinning under the peak of golden hour. His curly and overgrown hair was pulled back into a messy low ponytail making Daeun visibly gulp- she had never seen that hairstyle on him yet how was it possible to look that good.

He hadn't changed out of his suit, probably knowing how damn hot he looked in it. His red blazer laid folded out on his arm, fully revealing the ribbed turtleneck and several gold necklaces along his chest, his muscular biceps visible in the tight material. She will never admit aloud how attractive he looked in it.

Daeun simply arched a brow at him, nodding her head. "Aren't you hot?" She will most certainly not compliment him- she'd rather die.

Seonghwa mimicked her action, stopping in front of her with a smug look. "I am but I look sexy so I'm not going to change clothes." Ah, there was that self-confidence she was waiting for her.

"You're probably sweaty then." She sneered in utter disgust as she begins to walk to the bus stop- Seonghwa happily walking beside her, taking no heed to her complains.

Within a peaceful few seconds, his hand quickly enclosed around her own- becoming a bridge that connects the space between their warm bodies. Daeun reluctantly keeps her mouth shut at the usual gesture, not exactly liking the way her body reacted so happily to it. Her stomach feels like it's swarming with vivid and bright butterflies.

While her mind rages with overwhelming thoughts.

Seonghwa only hummed as they continued strolling to the unknown destination she has in mind. He subtly tugs her closer to him like he usually does, their hands pressed right between their thighs and Daeun not so subtly looks at him, as though waiting for a reaction. He gives none, continuing to smile and hum to what sounded like euphoria like he's done nothing in the first place. 

She grumbled, throwing her head back at his composed self. Fine he might act all indifferent and all but that doesn't mean she can't either. "So where are we going?"