Chapter 8

Standing in front of the floor length mirror, adjusting her tie and hair, Daeun left her apartment with a tired sigh, she's already had enough of school

Today she doesn't have any music lessons thus not carrying her cello on her back or any of her music books however she does have pe.

She wouldn't say she's bad at it, especially having an ex-army officer as her dad and a health specialist as her mum but frankly she just doesn't enjoy the subject.

Treading to the bus stop with long steps, music expressing loudly in her ears, she couldn't help but smile happily when seeing Seonghwa walk towards her with 2 Starbucks cups in his hands.

Her bad mood demolishing within a split moment.

"Bae Bae." Seonghwa teases with a toothy grin, making her chuckle as he hands her the hot drink carefully, "I bought you coffee cause it's your favourite."

Daeun raised her brows uncannily, looking between the coffee in her hand and Seonghwa, "How do you know coffee is my favourite?"

Immediately Seonghwa laughs awkwardly, scratching his head in the process as he tries to think of an excuse, "Um instagram posts?"

"So you inta-stalked me?"

"Oh so you don't want it?" Seonghwa asks, lifting his eyebrows questioningly, his eyes moving down to the cup clasped between her hands.

Laughing, Daeun pushes him forwards, "You're so annoying, just walk."

Finally a grin crept in his lips as the two walk side by side. Daeun couldn't feel his hand brushing against hers slightly as they strode down the pavement.

[ ➠ ]

"Haha you have pe." Jiwoo laughs, scanning through Daeun's timetable again as she pouts from beside her, "Ah shit we have literature today? Fuck it."

"Wait that means you have Lucas and Ten in your class." Jiwoo eventually gasps, chucking the timetable back to Daeun as she nods enthusiastically, "You also have Somin so you'll have a partner hoe."

"Lucky me huh." Daeun smiles, tapping her fingers on the desk as her eyes unconsciously travel to Seonghwa's back, him laughing about something with Hongjoong.

Maybe he's not as deceitful as she thought.

Entering the girls changing room, Daeun groaned internally seeing Seyeon and her group throwing her sharp daggers.

Nevertheless she ignores them and walks to an empty space. A girl walks over next to her, placing her stuff on the benches as Daeun glanced up to see who it is, "Hi! I'm Somin."

Her defined cheekbones instantly caught Daeun's attention as she admired her thin lips and her sharp nose, "Hey I'm Daeun."

"Jiwoo's friend?" Somin questions before realisation hit her, "Oh shit you pushed Seonghwa."