Chapter 90

"He took you out to dinner and got you a new phone?"

Daeun hummed, happily showing Yuta the new phone Lucas had surprised her with yesterday- a change from her old, shattered one that had been slowly dying since she got into a near accident, the one Seonghwa had saved her from. Yuta gasped, grabbing it from her and examining it with wide eyes.

"That little fucker doesn't even get me food, and here he is getting you a brand new phone." Yuta grumbled, running his fingers over the smooth screen.

Daeun scoffed. "Your greedy ass would've asked for more that's why."

Yuta scowled at her, shoving her phone back into her hands as they continue walking down the hall- off to their first class.

It was routine now, after homeroom finishes Yuta would take Daeun to her first class as they chat about mostly anything, from the highs of love to how clowns are fucking scary (which was Yuta's opinion actually) it was surprising how quick they bonded over the most stupidest things, ultimately becoming friends.

Daeun vividly remembers Yuta despising her the moment they met, and still she doesn't know why he did. Then after the break up they suddenly became inseparable- there hasn't been a single day this past month where they haven't talked to each other. Whether that be online or in school, they had to talk to each other at least once a day.

It was cute really; enemies to besties.

"I knew Lucas was rich but like not rich rich to be getting his girlfriend a new phone every other week." Yuta whistled lowly, evading her glare.

"We aren't dating yet asshole. I've told you sev-"

"Several times, yes sweetheart I know." Yuta rolled his eyes irritatedly. "Stop leaving his poor heart on hold, who knows how much longer he can wait."

Her throat dried at his last words. Exactly how much can Lucas wait? Wasn't he getting irritated? It's been over an entire month since his confession and there was still no news of her passing or accepting it. It was like his life was on pause, just waiting for that one word to break through.

One word and he will be happy; the happiness he deserved.

Yuta had suddenly grabbed hold of her arm, yanking her to the side while his eyes remained locked on the figure walking past them, glaring at whoever it was with fuelled anger.

Daeun stumbled into his side at his sudden pull, her gaze quickly darting to the person walking past and instantly she tensed. Jiwoo.

"I hate that bitch." Yuta snarled after she had gone, freeing Daeun's arm as he quickly turns around, finding the named girl walking down the hall as if she never acknowledged them in the first place.

"Lucas used to tell me that you guys were best friends last year." Daeun mumbled, still left in the dark on whatever did separate them. Or whoever separated them.