Chapter 99

The bitter taste of coffee inflamed her mouth as she sits at her school desk- lacking any energy for today

The bitter taste of coffee inflamed her mouth as she sits at her school desk- lacking any energy for today. She was barely functioning after staying up until 4am just practicing and practicing for the upcoming competition… and the fact that she will be going over to Seonghwa's home tomorrow after she finishes work was making her stress even more.

There was a horrible gut feeling in the pits of her stomach… was she doing something wrong by placing herself in this family matter? Or was she actually doing something good for once?

She couldn't stop over-thinking it. What if she just makes matters worse for himself?

Daeun let's out a tired sigh, rubbing her eyes with the bags underneath covered in concealer.

"Hey sweetheart." A raspy voice chimes in- the happy tone to it making Daeun's head swivel to her right, Yuta sitting next to her with a grin.

"What's with that stupid smile?" She grumbled, although subtly curious to what's got him so happy on a Monday morning, she takes a small sip of her coffee.

"Nothing… although Lucas did tell me how well his date went."
Immediately Daeun choked on her coffee, the liquid travelling down the wrong pipe, she slaps her chest harshly, Yuta watching with narrowed eyes.

"Did I say something wrong?"

"No! No, not at all…" She mumbled with a wry smile. She couldn't exactly tell him how internally terrible the date actually was for her, she just didn't know how too.

Now that's another thing she needs to stress about; how to slowly let go of Wong Yukhei.

"Did it not go well…?"

"It did go well."

"Then why react like a bitch?"

"A bitch?"

"You literally started coughing and shit."

"I choked- don't mix it up."

Yuta narrowed his eyes at her yet again, observing her sudden tension. He may hang out with the most stupidest people on the planet, but that doesn't make him entirely stupid. Daeun was obviously not telling him something, any idiot should be able to tell that.

"Whatever." He grumbled, turning away from her with a long face. Daeun reluctantly kept her mouth shut, slurping on her beverage as she tries to not utter a word.

And just as peace was ready to infuse the heavy air, the familiar height of a tall figure waltzing into their form room catches her eyes almost immediately, her sipping momentarily halting.

Park Seonghwa had a smile on his face as he walks to his friends, his clean yet ragged uniform catching her eyes- the first couple of buttons of his white shirt were completely undone, along with his navy tie that hung loosely along his torso. His blonde hair was more messy than usual, the curly strands partially falling against his inky eyes that glowed with amusement.