Chapter 68

"I can't do this anymore!" Daeun yelled freely, chest heaving up and down as ragged breaths escaped her lips

"I can't do this anymore!" Daeun yelled freely, chest heaving up and down as ragged breaths escaped her lips. She tugged at the roots of her hair, wide eyed and scared. Countless thoughts were zooming past her head, making her panic with fear.

If that was the start, who knows what could happen next?

"Daeun, you need to calm down." Lucas demanded, roughly taking hold of her shoulders but she shrugged him off, the harsh wind batting against them as she turned around, her hand trembling in her own.

"I can't fucking calm down!" She snapped, fingers digging hardly into her scalp as she squeezed her eyes shut, trying to block out all tormenting words that scoured her mind.

"Listen to me, you need to breathe- deep breath in and deep breath out." Lucas murmured, lacing her shaky hands with his as he demonstrated, inhaling and exhaling calmly.

Daeun imitated with hesitancy, inhaling and exhaling meekly. Her hands tightened around his as her uneven breathing slowly became normal again, her eyes staying shut as she did so.

Lucas could only watch, his brows knitted together out of worry. She was suffering bad, really bad, it made an agonizing pain sting in his heart, his own hands shaking in hers.

"See, you're okay." He whispered when her breathing pace returns to a steadier pace.

"Everything hurts Lucas." Daeun whispered, her honey sweet voice breaking along with the confidence she thought she had. She gazed up to him with glossy brown eyes, eyes that swirled with an invisible pain and sorrow.

Heart breaking at her wavering tone, Lucas didn't need to think twice as he pulls the girl into his embrace.

His long arms enveloped around her torso, flushed face meeting his chest as her clammy hands cover her face, hot tears stinging her eyes but she forced them to stay in. She wasn't going to cry in front of him. Everything that was happening left her in overwhelming pain, a pain she didn't want to show, scarring her in the process.

But Lucas was there to make sure she wasn't alone.

"I promise you, you'll get through it elsa, you just have to be strong." He smiled reassuringly, chin relaxing on her soft hair, he unintentionally inhaled her vanilla-scented shampoo, his knees weakening at the captivating scent.

"You're right," Daeun agreed naturally, sniffling as she wiped away the remnants of the moist streaks, "I have to be strong."

"Now that's my girl." Lucas grinned, aimlessly glancing between her still body and the saturated blue sky, huge clouds situated on it as the two remained under it.

Daeun grumbled at him, he just couldn't address her properly. It's always elsa or "his" girl, how stupidly irritating.

"So annoying."