Chapter 14

"I can't believe we're starting high school!" She screams, jumping on her middle school graduation hat and gown, "Fuck you middle school!"

"Hey you're going to rip that" Daeun laughs, pushing her off the clothes and picking it up, throwing it onto her bed, "And we don't even start high school until next week."

"Still, middle school was hell." She scoffs, before pointing at her graduation clothes, "Watch me burn that shit."

"You are not going to burn your graduation clothes." Daeun gasps, standing protectively in front of her bed, "These clothes are memories."

"Fuck it."
"Your parents and brothers are literally downstairs, stop screaming!"

"Stop being my mum Daeun-ah, you're supposed to be my best friend." She grins, poking Daeun's cheeks in an attempt to irritate till Daeun shoves her to the floor.

"You are such an immature brat!" She scolds making her start laughing uncontrollably until Daeun bursts into a fit of laughter.

"So do you think we're going to be friends with cute boys?" She breathes, as they finally stop laughing.

"Who knows, who knows..."

[ ]

Daeun jumped up abruptly, gasping for air as tears blurred her vission. Patting her face, she feels the tears stained on her cheeks causing her to wipe it off with her wrists.

Memories like these weren't very often for Daeun,
mostly because she did everything she could to distract herself.

In the end, the memories always linger within her, ready to twist her into uninvited madness.

Head throbbing with pain, she slowly lifts her feet off the bed, coming in contact with the cold floor as low humming filled her ears.

"You're ok." She assures herself, running her hands through her hair before turning to her alarm clock.

It's barely past 7 and today she decided she was not going with Seonghwa- just to avoid the undeniable awkwardness, thus the need to get there earlier, way before he does.

Within 30 minutes she got ready, and before she knew it she was already out of the door.

Last night she made a full on plan to talk about 'that' with Seonghwa but now she felt too embarrassed to even think about it. Well at some point maybe she'll work up the courage and talk to him.

Probably in a month or two.

She groaned frustratedly, jerking her earphones off her ears, what on earth is she going to do?